Rooted TB + S-Off = Unverified Update?

ScottG

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
So I have a rooted TB and had flashed a Das BAMF Sense 3.0 ROM before hearing about the GB update, at which point I reverted to my stock Sense backup. Once the update finished downloading, my phone restarted and began installing it, but when the progress bar reached about 25%, i got the exclamation mark error message, and then the recovery screen appears showing the log (it says the update is not verified). Does this happen because my TB is rooted (S-off)? If so, how do I gain S-On again? (I rooted using Revolutionary BTW)

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't mean to sound mean, but why do you prefer to unroot and get the crappy OTA when you can have BAMF? Doesn't make much sense to me... But if you're sure, check >this< out for a full unroot.

ScottG

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Well I just want to see what the GB OTA is all about and see if I really need BAMF, it's been causing me quite a few problems and I would like to see what stock GB can offer.
Also, I don't quite understand the post you sent me. Do I have to flash the first link provided and then rename it to PG05IMG.zip and flash it again?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So I have a rooted TB and had flashed a Das BAMF Sense 3.0 ROM before hearing about the GB update, at which point I reverted to my stock Sense backup. Once the update finished downloading, my phone restarted and began installing it, but when the progress bar reached about 25%, i got the exclamation mark error message, and then the recovery screen appears showing the log (it says the update is not verified). Does this happen because my TB is rooted (S-off)? If so, how do I gain S-On again? (I rooted using Revolutionary BTW)

Uh yeah?! Of course you won't be able to download the ota if you're rooted.

And no offense, but if you're having "quite a few problems" with the latest Forever ROM it's more than likely your doing. Either not fully wiping, restoring data, or not following specific instructions etc. It's the most stable ROM i've had on my Bolt.

The link he gave you outlines in full on how to unroot and restore to stock from revolutionary. I don't see why you would have a problem with it.