Rooting Alcatel 1X (5059D)

nonqdur

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
I've been looking into rooting my phone for a while but all I found was very confusing and I honestly don't know how to even start.

Many sites assume that I have a custom recovery and there are some 'one click' root apps that for what I know don't work in newer versions.

I'm using Android 8.1, and I haven't done anything to my phone, just regular apps from the store. Could you recommend me a updated site or guide that is well explained?

It's really frustrating because it's something I've been wanting to do a long time but I just can't find how to do things right.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome
Xda forum is best place to get this information, your phone not very popular so you might not get ton of information, if this your everyday phone I wouldn't do this just get a back up phone to practice and watch some YouTube videos how things are done . Remember if you root and use a different Rom you'll be at the mercy of that dev for any glitches and weird behavior until they come with a patch or fix

Last edited:

kurio1

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi :)

Dear mustang7757 Why are you doing this? I have Alcatel 1x 2019 the same like many people around the world and I'm happy because I only take pictures and call as well as sms and mms. That's enough for most!

I also want to do ROOT and I don't care about the warranty or the defect, BUT! I don't think anyone was born yet to explain why when entering FASTBOOT the phone hangs and you can see on the black screen:

fasboot_mode.jpg

I need ROOT because i have quiet speakers and only Viper4Android will help. He requires ROOT :)

Best regards and sorry for my english.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi :)

Dear mustang7757 Why are you doing this? I have Alcatel 1x 2019 the same like many people around the world and I'm happy because I only take pictures and call as well as sms and mms. That's enough for most!

I also want to do ROOT and I don't care about the warranty or the defect, BUT! I don't think anyone was born yet to explain why when entering FASTBOOT the phone hangs and you can see on the black screen:

View attachment 315816

I need ROOT because i have quiet speakers and only Viper4Android will help. He requires ROOT :)

Best regards and sorry for my english.
Hi, welcome !
It maybe a popular phone around the world, but it's not for rooting community . You can head over to xda forum as they are forum that do this .

kurio1

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
:)

So root is not discussed here! Nice to know :)
I'm falling from this Forum.

Or is it a simple prejudice against Alcatela?

Regards, it was nice HERE to host a moment ...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Root is discussed here as you can look around in the forums but a phone like yours it's best at XDA Forums find that info . Popular phones are Samsung /Google/lg/Huawei/one plus has nothing to do with prejudice to Alcatel phones it's what people buy .

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
P.S

I didn't ask about ROOT but why can't I enter FASTMODE? I think "that something" is on other phones, i think.

Screen attached to the topic shows it

Read your post again, you did ask about root.You were advised to check XDA which is the safest and best place for rooting as you are more likely to find information there. It's your choice.
About fastboot, this usually is a problem when incorrect firmware is flashed or downgrading has gone wrong.Research it on Google

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you unlocked the bootloader (that's what you're entering - fastboot is the program you use when you're in an unlocked bootloader) in Debug options?

1. On the Phone, enable usb debugging and oem unlock from Developers Options
  2. Reboot the phone to bootloader

Open CMD in adb folder and type:

1. fastboot oem unlock
  2. fastboot flashing unlock

I'd install Magisk at this point - you'll have to install TWRP* first, or you'll have to install Magisk Manager, get a boot.img file from an update file for the phone and let Magisk Manager patch it, then:

fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img (which you'll have to copy from the phone to the PC after Magisk Manager patches the original boot.img).

*Either google TWRP for your model alcatel (it's a 4 digit number) or post it here and someone will search for you. https://www.mediafire.com/file/225xhvwbv8u02l7/Alcatel_OneTouch_5059D_1X_.rar/file should work for the 5059D.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you unlocked the bootloader (that's what you're entering - fastboot is the program you use when you're in an unlocked bootloader) in Debug options?

1. On the Phone, enable usb debugging and oem unlock from Developers Options
  2. Reboot the phone to bootloader

Open CMD in adb folder and type:

1. fastboot oem unlock
  2. fastboot flashing unlock

I'd install Magisk at this point - you'll have to install TWRP* first, or you'll have to install Magisk Manager, get a boot.img file from an update file for the phone and let Magisk Manager patch it, then:

fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img (which you'll have to copy from the phone to the PC after Magisk Manager patches the original boot.img).

*Either google TWRP for your model alcatel (it's a 4 digit number) or post it here and someone will search for you. https://www.mediafire.com/file/225xhvwbv8u02l7/Alcatel_OneTouch_5059D_1X_.rar/file should work for the 5059D.
Also they need to download their stock firmware incase something goes wrong and they stuck .

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep. As long as you can boot to the bootloader, and there are no hardware failures, you can always get the phone back. (And if you keep it backed up, a soft brick is a minor annoyance, not a major calamity.)