rooting or stock

burzlurker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i just wanted to get a general sense (pun intended) from those who have rooted there phones. This is something i am thinking about doing. If i rooted i would go full and install cynogen or another mod. I really like the general HTC Android experience (icons, colors they use, etc) so i wanted to hear from others who may have enjoyed HTC's android experience and flipped over to a custom rom. Did you like? Did you see better performance or battery life? Did you go back to stock? Did you have any issues or brick your phone?

I used to have a blackberry and i was running hacked os's on it and really was into keeping my os moded and screwing around with it, but for some reason with my evo ive been nervous to dive into this.. just wanted to see what the community thought.

thanks!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted late last month and there are just too many advantages to being rooted. I'm glad I did it. I like the way these developers customize Sense but I also like the AOSP ROMs as well. So much faster w/root than without. Also, battery life is improved w/most ROMs.

I was nervous at first but once you get it rooted, there is no looking back.

User One

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am always hearing stories of little issues here and there that rooted users come across. And to eliviate those issues, u have to basically install another rom ( or something like that) ..so you're basically covering up the problem, and turns into a mole hill of other problems. Kind of like taking more medicine to combat the side effects of the medicine that is supposed to cure the original ailment.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am always hearing stories of little issues here and there that rooted users come across. And to eliviate those issues, u have to basically install another rom ( or something like that) ..so you're basically covering up the problem, and turns into a mole hill of other problems. Kind of like taking more medicine to combat the side effects of the medicine that is supposed to cure the original ailment.

This is usually for people that are on nightlys and are always flashing. If you get a stable rom, it will last just as long as stock sense will.

I have been rooted 5 mins since the phone came out of the box. Seeming you didn't take the update to 2.3 and still on 2.2 its so easy to download unrevoked and have the script root your phone. Pain free and very easy.

Yea much better battery life and unlimitless customization.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk