S23 Regrets

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Watch for email. I have been on the grandfathered family plan $14.99. Received email saying they are discontinuing the grandfathered plans and raising the prices. I received like a 6 month notice for my "loyalty".

So far it's just the family plans, but your plan is going to get hit soon also from the sounds of it. This is example of buying the music is beneficial.. Your not subject to price hikes, you own it.

I haven't decided if I'm going to stay. I don't want to but I use it a lot. If it was just me I probably would drop for sure. There's Spotify, but they will creep up there also.

How long ago did you get that email? They already raised me to the normal price when the name switched from Google Play Music to Youtube Music but with great pain I was able to get a phone number to call from online support after complaining how I supported Google Music from the beta they switched me back to the old price so maybe I'll get lucky since my account has already been manually set back to the early Google Music promotional pricing. If it does increase I would probably stick with it since I don't watch traditional TV anymore and mainly watch Youtube videos and screw the ads in videos, such a time waster lol. :p But I wouldn't mind switching over to Amazon because they still allow you to purchase and download MP3s like Google Play Music used to...

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
...I don't know how much music you own but I would think the 512 would cover you, that's a lot of music if it doesn't, and as someone said in the future if will transfer to new devices during setup....

...Not to mention, you're losing the SD card on phones, we are also losing the CD players in vehicles. ...

512 wouldn't even come close for me. I don't even have 100% all of my music ripped to my PC but my music folder is 5TB (albeit, at one point I started ripping in Flac....)

And yea, no CD players in either of my two vehicles. But I can talk to the vehicle and say play such-in-such song and it will stream it. Another advantage to streaming is other passengers in my vehicles can play whatever they want. Actually, I take that back, that's a disadvantage, lol. Drove 3hrs to the shore last summer and a female friend of mine hogged the music and kept playing songs by Prince... Yea definitely a disadvantage lmao... :-* :cool:

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I actually would like the SD card to come back....why be forced into a more expensive model every year for storage that you lose when you switch phones....You buy one SD card and you can use it for years in multiple devices. Hard to buy the speed argument when modern SD cards can record 4k60fps at high bitrate...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
How long ago did you get that email? They already raised me to the normal price when the name switched from Google Play Music to Youtube Music but with great pain I was able to get a phone number to call from online support after complaining how I supported Google Music from the beta they switched me back to the old price so maybe I'll get lucky since my account has already been manually set back to the early Google Music promotional pricing. If it does increase I would probably stick with it since I don't watch traditional TV anymore and mainly watch Youtube videos and screw the ads in videos, such a time waster lol. But I wouldn't mind switching over to Amazon because they still allow you to purchase and download MP3s like Google Play Music used to...
I received the email last summer sometime. They said the price will raise to $22.99 a month in April. There were a couple price increases they left us long time customers alone on, but this one they are bumping us up also. Kind of sucks in a way, I wasn't inched up to that price, I just jumped $8 a month right away. That's a big jump. I think there's been 2 price hikes, $17.99, $19.99 and now $22.99. I'll probably do the price hike, but I doubt I'll do another one. I'm having a hard time doing this hike. All streaming services are going up in price. Everyone left cable because it got expensive, streaming services are heading to the same deal.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Very happy with my s23 plus coming from the s22 ultra. I am gald I made the switch and really enjoy the flat screen and rounded corners no regrets at all here.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually would like the SD card to come back....why be forced into a more expensive model every year for storage that you lose when you switch phones....You buy one SD card and you can use it for years in multiple devices. Hard to buy the speed argument when modern SD cards can record 4k60fps at high bitrate...
I would love this as well. I have a lot of flac files myself. Doesn't make sense to remove this from the top end devices yet leave it on low end devices.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez