S23 ultra wireless charger

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if there is a best wireless charger, but you certainly want one that can do 15w+ fast wireless charging. Magsafe wireless chargers will only give you 7.5w to a Samsung phone, so if speed is your thing with wireless charging, I would avoid Magsafe wireless chargers. Otherwise, it depends if you're looking for a standup charger where your phone will rest on it standing up, or a pad. Standup chargers also come in variants that have also a pad for your earphones and a place for your Samsung watch to charge as well. Flat pads come in different styles. All-in-all the charging plug that goes into the wall for these must be capable of producing enough power for fast wireless charging. Either they will come with one, or you will use the fast charger you have for your phone.

As far as charging phone cases - if you're talking about cases that can charge the phone, I only know of two out there that both have a 10,000mAh battery in the case and it makes your phone considerably thicker. Newderry's charging case is a bit more ergonomic and smaller than the one from Zerolemon which looks like a total brick - literally. It's square on all edges. It looks ugly, but it will give your phone more protection than the Newderry one which offers very little protection.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The best wireless charger is the friends we made along the way.

It depends how you use your phone. For me, speed doesn't really matter. The S23 Ultra is a bit of a monster with battery life... I put it on my wireless charger before I go to sleep and as long as it's full when I pick it up in the morning I don't really care if it takes one hour or five. In fact, I've disabled fast wireless charging because it's just not necessary.

All that said, Samsung or Anker are usually safe bets.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My home is dotted with Anker WiFI Docks (stand up kind) so no matter what room you are in, or where in that room you are, there is a wireless charger nearby. Most of these are just 10w. If I NEED a quick charge, I will just use one of the handful of super fast chargers I have around here and top myself off.

As @fuzzylumpkin said, the battery on this phone is such a beast... well, to put it correctly, the optimization of the hardware/software is so good, that I don't ever feel a power constraint if I charge my phone during the day or not. This is in stark contrast to my Z Fold 3 where I made sure I had a power bank if I left the house and was not going to be near a charger. With this phone, this is far from my mind as I can go almost 2 days without feeling the pinch.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if there is a best wireless charger, but you certainly want one that can do 15w+ fast wireless charging. Magsafe wireless chargers will only give you 7.5w to a Samsung phone, so if speed is your thing with wireless charging, I would avoid Magsafe wireless chargers. Otherwise, it depends if you're looking for a standup charger where your phone will rest on it standing up, or a pad. Standup chargers also come in variants that have also a pad for your earphones and a place for your Samsung watch to charge as well. Flat pads come in different styles. All-in-all the charging plug that goes into the wall for these must be capable of producing enough power for fast wireless charging. Either they will come with one, or you will use the fast charger you have for your phone.

As far as charging phone cases - if you're talking about cases that can charge the phone, I only know of two out there that both have a 10,000mAh battery in the case and it makes your phone considerably thicker. Newderry's charging case is a bit more ergonomic and smaller than the one from Zerolemon which looks like a total brick - literally. It's square on all edges. It looks ugly, but it will give your phone more protection than the Newderry one which offers very little protection.
Thanks!

Reactions: KupKrazy

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My home is dotted with Anker WiFI Docks (stand up kind) so no matter what room you are in, or where in that room you are, there is a wireless charger nearby. Most of these are just 10w. If I NEED a quick charge, I will just use one of the handful of super fast chargers I have around here and top myself off.

As @fuzzylumpkin said, the battery on this phone is such a beast... well, to put it correctly, the optimization of the hardware/software is so good, that I don't ever feel a power constraint if I charge my phone during the day or not. This is in stark contrast to my Z Fold 3 where I made sure I had a power bank if I left the house and was not going to be near a charger. With this phone, this is far from my mind as I can go almost 2 days without feeling the pinch.
My battery isn't a beast. Maybe my settings arent correct. Maybe it's because I don't charge it past 85% but in a few hours with minimal use it will be at 60%.
What are the best settings to maximize the battery beast?
Thanks

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My battery isn't a beast. Maybe my settings arent correct. Maybe it's because I don't charge it past 85% but in a few hours with minimal use it will be at 60%.
What are the best settings to maximize the battery beast?
Thanks
I don't know what are the best, I can give you mine (which really is not all that optimized since I would rather get useable performance than baby the battery), but here are some things I have hard/done to get more out of mine:

1. Don't limit to 85% charge. If you plan to upgrade anytime within 3-4 years, you are just losing 15% if your capacity for really no real gains.
2. Limit notification Sounds/vibrations to only what you really need. For me, NO GAME is allowed to send me notifications with one exception, but even then, it's only a banner notification without sound. Apps like Twitter, FB and whatnot, only send me banner notifications too. Messaging apps (SMS, FB Messenger and whatnot) can send sound. Does this really help? Sanity yes, battery, no idea.
3. I'm a little aggressive with screen timeouts because this thing is so fast on the fingerprint reader and turning on, no point in having the screen sit on for more than 30 seconds when I am not using it.
4. Use a Darker Theme, less pixels lit up, less power your screen uses. There are debates on this, but I do it.

There are a TON of other settings that you can change to get more juice out of your device, but using it and seeing what you like more than babying the battery is going to get you more useful time out of your device. I, seriously, can go almost 2 full days one one charge with 3h-4h of SOT per day. The fact that I am always near a charger helps as well.

I know this is not comprehensive and may not be useful, but I find it helps for me. If not on battery life, most definitely my sanity. :D

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The 85% thing has always boggled my mind. it's like saying "I'm scared I'll have bad battery life in 5 years, so I'm just going to willfully give myself bad battery now so I don't have to worry about it". Total false economy.

If you have an electric car, sure. But are you REALLY gonna keep your phone for the next 10 years?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The 85% thing has always boggled my mind. it's like saying "I'm scared I'll have bad battery life in 5 years, so I'm just going to willfully give myself bad battery now so I don't have to worry about it". Total false economy.

If you have an electric car, sure. But are you REALLY gonna keep your phone for the next 10 years?
I think the thought process is, if your normal day doesn't use much battery, you arent really losing out on anything. But if you have a day where you know you will need more capacity, you have the option to fully charge it.

And a lot of phones become "hand-me-downs" after their first life is over, serving well past a couple of years.