S23 ultra

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Are these the supposed colours for the S23 line? I like them! But I am a little surprised not to see a white colour in there. I've seen some leaks suggesting four colours. I guess we won't know what happens until later!

Attachments

• 1000004893.jpg
    1000004893.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 115

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'll be keeping an open mine and wait for the Samsung Unpacked Event to see if the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra supercedes my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra, and then watch reviews and visit a highstreet Shop with working demo models to try out.

I purchase outright from Samsung UK so to drop well over £1k I need it to bring more to the table.

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I am excited about upgrading and the camera enhancements. I love taking moon pictures now and I video local bands and concerts. I heard the mic and speaker will also be better. I use cases also but I am leaning towards the pink looks lavander to me or green would be my 2nd choice. I remember when I was getting my S10 plus from BB the wait and back order of the Flamingo Pink.

I remember waiting along with you for Flamingo Pink. It was a long wait for myself, as I recall. I’m trying to remember why I didn’t keep that phone past a year. I really intended to. I think the proximity sensor wasn’t working properly. Every time I was on a call my cheek ended up surfing the internet!

I had a beautiful pink Samsung after that one. I think it was an S20. I loved that color. I hated trading it away but I wanted the S21 Ultra’s powerful zoom lens.

If I get the new pink I’ll have close to the pink color I miss and I’ll have all the features I want. I really like my S22 Ultra. If the S23 Ultra is a more refined version of that, I think I’ll be very happy with it. I just hope it’s in good working order. My S21 Ultra was beautiful and I wanted to keep it but one of the camera lenses somehow spontaneously cracked. I think it arrived that way. It was such a fine fracture it was hard to see but over time it got more pronounced. I had to stop using it in hopes of keeping it intact enough for trade in.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
[I left Verizon for AT&T in 2014 and have been with them and DirecTV ever since (Comcast Internet)!] I had no plans to upgrade my S22 to the S23, even though they're saying the camera is supposed to have some stunning changes. I am contemplating, for multiple reasons, dumping AT&T home phone, wireless and Comcast Internet and getting Verizon "everything" again... they just (FINALLY) allowed FiOS in my Town! (Internet only, for now - TV to follow) If I do this, then I'll have the chance to trade phones in for new ones and WILL go with the S23! Will update as I make a final decision... I've just had it with 9 years of AT&T!

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I remember waiting along with you for Flamingo Pink. It was a long wait for myself, as I recall. I’m trying to remember why I didn’t keep that phone past a year. I really intended to. I think the proximity sensor wasn’t working properly. Every time I was on a call my cheek ended up surfing the internet!

I had a beautiful pink Samsung after that one. I think it was an S20. I loved that color. I hated trading it away but I wanted the S21 Ultra’s powerful zoom lens.

If I get the new pink I’ll have close to the pink color I miss and I’ll have all the features I want. I really like my S22 Ultra. If the S23 Ultra is a more refined version of that, I think I’ll be very happy with it. I just hope it’s in good working order. My S21 Ultra was beautiful and I wanted to keep it but one of the camera lenses somehow spontaneously cracked. I think it arrived that way. It was such a fine fracture it was hard to see but over time it got more pronounced. I had to stop using it in hopes of keeping it intact enough for trade in.

My 22U now is burgundy but I also did like the green. But this green I don't know if I would like it or not for the 23. But it would be my second choice.. I wish the case I have now would fit on the new phone that would save me some money. And we always use Zagg protectors it gets expensive. But I plan on keeping this phone for a couple years. The 21 was a great phone but when they were giving $1,000 trade in we did it just hoping we'd get more for this phone when we trade it in. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Like I said previously, I'll be sticking with my S22 Ultra. Another reason is that I took the Verizon upgrade offer so I have bill credits for 2 more years. Not to mention I got the 512 gig model for longevity.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely getting the S23 Ultra. For various technology reasons I didn't buy the previous 2 iterations of the S Ultra phone and Note 20 Ultra and stuck with my faithful Note 10 Plus. It will cease to receive security patches later this year. It's definitely time to upgrade. Since I buy outright, my buying cycle is about 4 years, it will lack an SD card slot and cloud storage isn't my favourite I think I'll get at least the 512 GB model

Last edited:

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My plan is to see if i can get the 23 for 300.00 with trading in the S22 Ultra. If rumors are true and the S pen comes embedded in the Fold 5. I am seriously going to look at the Fold. Figure the trade in will be better with the S23 ultra than the S22 ultra. If enhanced trade in values for the S22 Ultra aren't at least 900, I will more than likely just wait for the fold 5 to come out.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i traded my note20 for the S22U because i am a huge fan of the S-pen. given the S23U looks pretty much identical to the S22U, there is not reason to upgrade until the next model S24U or otherwise.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
i traded my note20 for the S22U because i am a huge fan of the S-pen. given the S23U looks pretty much identical to the S22U, there is not reason to upgrade until the next model S24U or otherwise.
Don't blame you. These things are getting wildly expensive with minor bumps in performance year over year (sometimes even losing features). I used to get every new Note, but I'm going longer and longer between upgrades as time goes on.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't blame you. These things are getting wildly expensive with minor bumps in performance year over year (sometimes even losing features). I used to get every new Note, but I'm going longer and longer between upgrades as time goes on.
Same here. I used to get hyped for every new Note, but now they're more just incremental upgrades. Still on my Note 20U and it's great. Haven't decided about the S23 yet. I need an integrated stylus. I just do at this point.

Almost jumped to the Fold 4 when it came out. Might go Fold 5 this year, or maybe the S23. We'll see.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I used to get hyped for every new Note, but now they're more just incremental upgrades. Still on my Note 20U and it's great. Haven't decided about the S23 yet. I need an integrated stylus. I just do at this point.

Almost jumped to the Fold 4 when it came out. Might go Fold 5 this year, or maybe the S23. We'll see.
Knowing me, I'll probably do the S23U and fold 5.

I bought a S22U used from a friend and I'm using it, but some have said down the road it could be locked for some reason or another. I don't think that's a issue, but if the trade in is good I'll trade it in for the unlocked S23U to be on the safe side.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
my s22 Ultra started rebooting about 30+ times a day. can't live with it. i had to send it in and they don't have anymore in their inventory. i now have to use, for the time being, my backup phone, a brand new S20+ that i have in a box since the beginning of the pandemic in 2020. hopefully, the s23 Ultra will be shipped to all of us by mid-February or maybe at the latest, Feb 21st.

i have no idea what caused my s22 Ultra to be rebooting so many times a day like that. you can't get through an hour without it rebooting many times!

i'm eager to see what the S23 Ultra has that's an improvement over my S22 Ultra, but there doesn't seem to be any significant improvements. yes, they talk about larger pixel sizes, or maybe pixel binning, for superior pictures especially in the dark, but really, there aren't that many significant changes, imho. are there any big changes that i've missed out on please?

one thing: the S23 Ultra will have Wifi 6E, which is nice. i can't recall if my S22 Ultra had wifi 6E or only wifi 6.

what's the most minimal case we may get for the S23 Ultra please? i need to put a Popsocket on the S23 Ultra due to my hand surgery, but current phones all have glass backs which are coated, so the Popsockets won't stick to glass backs, so i have to use a minimal transparent case. any suggestion for a minimal case (transparent) would be most appreciated!

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
my s22 Ultra started rebooting about 30+ times a day. can't live with it. i had to send it in and they don't have anymore in their inventory. i now have to use, for the time being, my backup phone, a brand new S20+ that i have in a box since the beginning of the pandemic in 2020. hopefully, the s23 Ultra will be shipped to all of us by mid-February or maybe at the latest, Feb 21st.

i have no idea what caused my s22 Ultra to be rebooting so many times a day like that. you can't get through an hour without it rebooting many times!

i'm eager to see what the S23 Ultra has that's an improvement over my S22 Ultra, but there doesn't seem to be any significant improvements. yes, they talk about larger pixel sizes, or maybe pixel binning, for superior pictures especially in the dark, but really, there aren't that many significant changes, imho. are there any big changes that i've missed out on please?

one thing: the S23 Ultra will have Wifi 6E, which is nice. i can't recall if my S22 Ultra had wifi 6E or only wifi 6.

what's the most minimal case we may get for the S23 Ultra please? i need to put a Popsocket on the S23 Ultra due to my hand surgery, but current phones all have glass backs which are coated, so the Popsockets won't stick to glass backs, so i have to use a minimal transparent case. any suggestion for a minimal case (transparent) would be most appreciated!

Check out www.Thinborne.com for a thin case with flat back. Not transparent (looks like carbon fiber), but I have one already and it's very thin and minimal and very nice

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Like I said previously, I'll be sticking with my S22 Ultra. Another reason is that I took the Verizon upgrade offer so I have bill credits for 2 more years. Not to mention I got the 512 gig model for longevity.

Sounds like things are going well with your S22 Ultra!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Check out www.Thinborne.com for a thin case with flat back. Not transparent (looks like carbon fiber), but I have one already and it's very thin and minimal and very nice
@jmk32 et al:

can the case's material allow Popsockets to adhere to the case? that is the issue i have with the current trend of having glass backed phones as the glass have coatings that do not allow Popsockets to adhere to the backs of the phones.

after my hand surgery, i need a Popsocket to help me grip a phone.

thanks.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
@jmk32 et al:

can the case's material allow Popsockets to adhere to the case? that is the issue i have with the current trend of having glass backed phones as the glass have coatings that do not allow Popsockets to adhere to the backs of the phones.

after my hand surgery, i need a Popsocket to help me grip a phone.

thanks.

I would be shocked if it didn't work with that case. It's plastic feeling. Should be fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness