S23 Ultra

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone thinking about upgrading to this? Maybe?

The Ultra is rumored to have Spen capabilities like the S22 ultra.

I'm seriously considering. I've had the Note for 2 years, and it looks like the last Note. Mine is doing fine. Upgrades go smoothly. No major problems. But I think it's time. The S23U won't be ideal, but it'll be nice.

I think I'll choose a higher internal storage than 128gb.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I want to, but right now, money just isn't there. I wanted to try the Fold 4, but didn't for the same reason. I guess my Note 20 will have to do for a bit longer.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I registered. It just depends on the trade in value for my S22 Ultra.
BTW I think 256 is the minimum storage, so you will definitely get more than 128.
I think these phones are good for several years now, but the past couple had such good trade in value that I didn't think it was worth holding on for another year to decrease that value. The snapdragon 8 gen2 is supposed to be really efficient, so I am hoping for some improved battery life. My S22 Ultra doesn't get through an entire day any more...

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about it but I still really love my Note 20 ultra. It still has great battery life...besides a better camera is it really going to be a huge upgrade? I don't do any gaming or anything. I run a business and this phone has been perfect for what I need.

May wait another year. Any thoughts?

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I may upgrade from my N20U if trade in value is good. Phone still works fine but battery doesn't last all day any longer and it has received its last OS update from Samsung.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Part of the reason I want to upgrade is the camera. Mine works well, but a better one, especially after 2 1/2 years, will be nice.

The more memory also sounds nice.

Better battery.

Update software for a while. I know the N20 might get more, but this is assured.

Those are the main things I see an upgrade worth it to me.

Like others, yes, it will depend mostly on the value for the upgrade. But it's getting time for me to upgrade

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Heavily leaning towards upgrading my Note 20 Ultra 512gb to the S23 Ultra. Had my Note 20 since launch. Sick of the blurry pictures with any movement on my Note 20, and battery life has decreased in the last year. Was tempted to go dark side with iPhone 14 pro, but keep hearing good things about this new camera on the S23 Ultra and will give Samsung one last chance (been on Samsung since the S4).

Of course it does depend on trade value too

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Heavily leaning towards upgrading my Note 20 Ultra 512gb to the S23 Ultra. Had my Note 20 since launch. Sick of the blurry pictures with any movement on my Note 20, and battery life has decreased in the last year. Was tempted to go dark side with iPhone 14 pro, but keep hearing good things about this new camera on the S23 Ultra and will give Samsung one last chance (been on Samsung since the S4).

Of course it does depend on trade value too

I'm still stuck between Samsung and Pixel. The S23 does sound promising, however.

Medevac1

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
I don't like how Samsung has been copying Apple and deleting features and the most basic of accessories, an included fast charger. The thing I've learned about Samsung is their devices launch with great features and promise and then the long awaited OS and security updates finally come and then the issues start. Right now Samsung Members is full of complaints of issues on the S22 series after updates ranging from connectivity issues to the inability to send/receive texts. I bounced between Samsung and LG in recent years because they had the features I wanted at a price (discounted) I was willing to pay. Now LG is out.of the mobile business and Samsung is morphing into Apple. I'll see how things go after launch and the S23 series has been in the wild for a while. My Note 20 Ultra is still in excellent condition so I'm not pressed for a new device. Who knows, I may give the Pixel a chance. Heck I've been using their Google camera software apks (GCam) on my devices for years anyway.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Tmobile is only offering me $500 for trade-in. I think I'll wait and think about it. It's not the worst amount, but not the best.

Someone on the S23 section said their s22 got 1K from tmobile.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
i realized you only get the $1,000 if you have the Magenta Max plan. for all other plans you only get 500 trade in. That was the wrench in my decision. The Max plan is $30+ more than my current plan. That added to my current plan plus the $8 some odd dollars males this a no go for me. I'm keeping my cheaper plan and my note 20 Ultra for now. The differences in the 2 phones don't justify the cost. Especially since I have a SD card slot to offset the memory upgrade. My Note runs beautifully since the Android update, does everything I need. I take casual photos, I'm no pro so the video / camera upgrade was a bonus. The battery gets me through the day... Unless they offer more upgrade options, I'll stick with what works for now.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I found that out as well. I tried again. It was $1,000 trade in and the Magnenta plan. I'm not on the MM plan either, and it's $15 more a month for me for that plan plus whatever the phone would be.
Nope. I'll wait and see.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
i realized you only get the $1,000 if you have the Magenta Max plan. for all other plans you only get 500 trade in. That was the wrench in my decision. The Max plan is $30+ more than my current plan. That added to my current plan plus the $8 some odd dollars males this a no go for me. I'm keeping my cheaper plan and my note 20 Ultra for now. The differences in the 2 phones don't justify the cost. Especially since I have a SD card slot to offset the memory upgrade. My Note runs beautifully since the Android update, does everything I need. I take casual photos, I'm no pro so the video / camera upgrade was a bonus. The battery gets me through the day... Unless they offer more upgrade options, I'll stick with what works for now.

What is "premium data" that the max plan mentioned, and why would I want it? 😉

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
This is how carriers get you. Offer you $1,000 dollars towards a new phone, so it leaves not much left that you have to pay on, if anything. But then you have to opt for the more expensive plan like Magenta Max. Yeah, no thanks. I'll buy my phone outright or finance it on a much cheaper plan through some other finance party without having to have my bill be 50 more dollars than it needs to be lol

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
What is "premium data" that the max plan mentioned, and why would I want it? 😉

I was grandfathered in from Sprint... it's Sprints old "unlimited everything plan" (that's what the the told me at T-mobile) basically...The plan starts at $70 for a single line, It includes 100 GB a month of “Premium Data,” 5G...