S24 Ultra; So yea or nay?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope, it's not. I think it was/is more tailored to content creators and those that don't use zoom frequently.

QUOTE]

That's me. I don't hardly use the camera, I would pay another $200 to get one without a front camera, one of the reasons I like my fold 5 is the inside camera is under the screen and I don't notice it to much. The only front camera I like is the iPhone 14 pro Max, they made excellent use of the camera cutout with the dynamic island, I never once minded the camera cutout because it served as something useful besides just a camera. Samsung likes to copy apple so much now days, as they copied a lot on the 24 ultra, they need to copy the apple dynamic island. Android dynamic spot app doesn't come close to it.

At least you were able to discover the 24 wasn't going to be a fit for you and able to go back to what works for you. You're a example of why I always say don't race to trade in your old phone, as you found out, new phone might not work out for you. If your trade in is shipped you're screwed.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Then this phone is not for you. You do what works for you. But it sounds like you need a top line camera. Not a phone that has a camera and takes pictures.
No, I don't need top of the line, I just cant justify spending $1300 when IMO my existing phone was better in that area.

@trucksmoveamerica#AC
Your post is misformatted FYI.
Anyway, that is the perfect way of putting it. A neutral stance getting what I'm saying but also stating how you feel. #hoopefortheinternetstillexists

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and traded in my s23 ultra.

Thanks every one for your responses, they helped a lot.
Well good I hope you enjoy your new phone and I love mine. We came from 23U also. And I just think it's everybody's preference was it really worth the upgrade probably not the 23s getting some of the features but I like to have the latest I wanted the flat screen and I just like everything about this phone.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, I thanks for the critique, I guess.
That was a compliment on being an open-minded individual...not a critique. The FYI was that your post is missing formatting code, specifically ' [ ' in front of the word quote. thus the quote wasn't showing correctly.

Well good I hope you enjoy your new phone and I love mine. We came from 23U also. And I just think it's everybody's preference was it really worth the upgrade probably not the 23s getting some of the features but I like to have the latest I wanted the flat screen and I just like everything about this phone.
Hope you enjoy. I loved the flat screen and that last firmware update did fix the screen and bring able to control the vividness was the cherry in top.

For those that did get it, enjoy

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That was a compliment on being an open-minded individual...not a critique. The FYI was that your post is missing formatting code, specifically ' [ ' in front of the word quote. thus the quote wasn't showing correctly.

Hope you enjoy. I loved the flat screen and that last firmware update did fix the screen and bring able to control the vividness was the cherry in top.

For those that did get it, enjoy
Oh I see, I screwed up the edit. I was scratching my head on that. My bad

Reactions: Laura Knotek

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I love my S24ultra traded in S23 ultra. I did not pay 1300.I got a great trade in. For me it was worth the upgrade. I like to have the latest, screen is beautiful, camera is good enough for me, and I like Samsung. To each their own.

Yep I paid less than $600 for the S24 Ultra. So if you're already invested in the Ultra series. The phone is a lot cheaper with Samsung's generous trade in offers.

redhead385

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm using s23 ultra and thinking about trading in for s24 ultra cuz of the flat screen. I like flat screen better than the curve screen. I'm on the fence for Violet and black s24ultra.

Any of you coming from s23ultra how do you like it? Has the update gotten better?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm using s23 ultra and thinking about trading in for s24 ultra cuz of the flat screen. I like flat screen better than the curve screen. I'm on the fence for Violet and black s24ultra.

Any of you coming from s23ultra how do you like it? Has the update gotten better?
I like the flat screen coming from the s23u and both colors your looking can't go wrong my s23u was black , software update? Should be the same except the s24u goes to 7 years support now.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I like the flat screen coming from the s23u and both colors your looking can't go wrong my s23u was black , software update? Should be the same except the s24u goes to 7 years support now.
Imo Samsung giving 7 years support is a sales tactic. A lot on here are talking how great the 7 year support is, and yet majority on here will be lucky to have it a year. Take us phone nerds out of this 7 year support and then bring in the majority of the population.. Even the majority won't have it for 7 years. Most everyone will upgrade in 4 or 5 years. There will be a small amount of people that will take advantage of the 7 year support and they are the ones that probably paid little to nothing for the phone. So in reality the majority that will get to take advantage of the 7 year support probably will be very small. Samsung should just say 20 year support.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Finally Took samsung care plus
Now using the phone without tempered glass and loving the anti reflective display
Now 2 years iam stress free
Took comprehensive oneScreenshot_20240227_185138_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Imo Samsung giving 7 years support is a sales tactic. A lot on here are talking how great the 7 year support is, and yet majority on here will be lucky to have it a year. Take us phone nerds out of this 7 year support and then bring in the majority of the population.. Even the majority won't have it for 7 years. Most everyone will upgrade in 4 or 5 years. There will be a small amount of people that will take advantage of the 7 year support and they are the ones that probably paid little to nothing for the phone. So in reality the majority that will get to take advantage of the 7 year support probably will be very small. Samsung should just say 20 year support.
The longer I'm in the Forums I've been seeing people hold on to their devices longer for example there are some that still run android 4.0 devices I'm not one that would keep my device that long would love to but I like new tech even if small improvements. Maybe this 7 year software support means parts like battery and screens will be easily available longer as OEM original not just 3rd party? I think it's a good move even if you don't go 7 years, is it a gimmick, maybe but rather them offer it as doesn't hurt anything even if they said 20 years

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
U are counting us tech freaks who change their phones every year or 2 years
But there are people who buy the phones we sell
They used the same phone for next 2 years maybe and then they also sell to someone who will use it
For them having a phone that's supports 7 years of OS is amazing

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
U are counting us tech freaks who change their phones every year or 2 years
But there are people who buy the phones we sell
They used the same phone for next 2 years maybe and then they also sell to someone who will use it
For them having a phone that's supports 7 years of OS is amazing
Yeah I talked about them towards the end. I was just saying most of us on here the 7 years is really nothing to us.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The longer I'm in the Forums I've been seeing people hold on to their devices longer for example there are some that still run android 4.0 devices I'm not one that would keep my device that long would love to but I like new tech even if small improvements. Maybe this 7 year software support means parts like battery and screens will be easily available longer as OEM original not just 3rd party? I think it's a good move even if you don't go 7 years, is it a gimmick, maybe but rather them offer it as doesn't hurt anything even if they said 20 years
Absolutely doesn't hurt anything, it's just most people won't remember the S24U in 7 years. And I agree people are holding onto phones longer due to prices now days. The seven years well come in handy for a few.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I’m liking that they are having the 7 year support i want a phone that i can hold onto longer then 2 years lol my iPhone 13 Pro at 2 years is not good anymore after the last few iOS updates so I’m looking into possibly getting the s24 ultra i miss having a big phone and could see myself having it for longer then 2 years