S4 not letting me get kitkat OTA

Drsous11

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
As many of you, I have received the the 4.4.2 kitkat update. I finally downloaded it and tried to install but kept failing at 26% and the phone would reboot. I am rooted and I have tried many times after removing SU and safestrap. I also tried to flash a stock rom with Odin as well but kept recieving a fail message. Any help to get me out of the jam would be appreciated. I wiped the phone and did a factory reset, still no dice. Atleast I am still able to use my phone normally on 4.3 Mk2, I just dont get KK I guess :'(

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
As many of you, I have received the the 4.4.2 kitkat update. I finally downloaded it and tried to install but kept failing at 26% and the phone would reboot. I am rooted and I have tried many times after removing SU and safestrap. I also tried to flash a stock rom with Odin as well but kept recieving a fail message. Any help to get me out of the jam would be appreciated. I wiped the phone and did a factory reset, still no dice. Atleast I am still able to use my phone normally on 4.3 Mk2, I just dont get KK I guess :'(

Dear god did you unfreeze and or restore all of the stock apps ? The ota won't go unless you have all of the stock samsung apps and at&t bloatware installed and there is no root method for kit kat you will loose root and possibly never have it rooted at&t has this thing locked up tite

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

fcampagna#AC

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. My phone is not rooted. I tried rolling back the date, and downloaded the update a few times. I reset my phone. It still fails at 25%.

Drsous11

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
when at first there was apps frozen but then I did a factory resest and let everything be and still failed. I'm gonna wait on it a little and try again later this week. If what you are saying is true about the apps to SD than maybe KK isn't all so grand after all....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23