S4 outselling One by alot

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Come on guys. Do we need to do this in this thread?

Please keep it civil and NOT personal.

Look at the post to which I replied. It was not personal until that troll poster posted what he did. The thread was actually going along just fine until he came in and mucked it all up.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

alexv1989

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
the main reason I returned it was the battery. I got tired of having to constantly plug in my phone to the charger. The other reasons were that the picture quality was not that good, the camera did not have many features, on full brightness, the darker colors looked grainy, and no all share. Also, the phone felt heavy. I'm used to the featherweightof my s3

Makes sense, I have an upgrade at att I currently have an iPhone, and I'm debating between the s4 or the one, its so hard both are nice phones, but I'm leaning more towards the s4. Damn it's hard idk what to do haha

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense, I have an upgrade at att I currently have an iPhone, and I'm debating between the s4 or the one, its so hard both are nice phones, but I'm leaning more towards the s4. Damn it's hard idk what to do haha

If you're coming from the iPhone I would probably recommend the One. There's nothing wrong with the S4, it can just be a bit chaotic coming from iOS.

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Look at the post to which I replied. It was not personal until that troll poster posted what he did. The thread was actually going along just fine until he came in and mucked it all up.

Troll poster? - very mature I must say! I was just fed up reading your posts slandering not only Samsung and there tech but Phonearena in to the bargain.

If you're coming from the iPhone I would probably recommend the One. There's nothing wrong with the S4, it can just be a bit chaotic coming from iOS.

Chaotic? I went from an iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S3 and there's nothing "chaotic" about it. Explain what would be more "chaotic" than the HTC One?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I actually agree. The OS on the One is extremely buttoned down and simplified like iOS. If that's your thing go with the One. If you want out of the box ability to tweak settings, the LED, and bells and whistles galore go with the S4. It's a personal preference and both are great phones and I own them both.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Troll poster? - very mature I must say! I was just fed up reading your posts slandering not only Samsung and there tech but Phonearena in to the bargain.

Chaotic? I went from an iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S3 and there's nothing "chaotic" about it. Explain what would be more "chaotic" than the HTC One?

TouchWiz is a lot to take in for someone coming from IOS, especially in the newer version on the S4. It is very chaotic, even for people already familiar with android. Some people can adapt quickly, others it may take a while. Coming from iOS, the One would be a better choice.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I actually agree. The OS on the One is extremely buttoned down and simplified like iOS. If that's your thing go with the One. If you want out of the box ability to tweak settings, the LED, and bells and whistles galore go with the S4. It's a personal preference and both are great phones and I own them both.

Agreed. There's a ton of options on the S4 and it can be fairly overwhelming.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. There's a ton of options on the S4 and it can be fairly overwhelming.

Only way I'd disagree with these statements is if the person wanting the S4 has friends/family that also have the device. Part of the appeal of the iPhone is that so many people also have them and it makes a few of the features, like iMessage, useful. The learning curve won't be so bad if you know people who have them and some of the features (S Beam, Group Play, etc) might actually be useful to you.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Only way I'd disagree with these statements is if the person wanting the S4 has friends/family that also have the device. Part of the appeal of the iPhone is that so many people also have them and it makes a few of the features, like iMessage, useful. The learning curve won't be so bad if you know people who have them and some of the features (S Beam, Group Play, etc) might actually be useful to you.

Definitely.

Now, I'm not saying people couldn't adapt, because they could. If they like the S4 more that's what they should choose. However, the transition would probably be smoother from the iPhone to the One.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC One and I'm not surprised.

HTC has notoriously been terrible at advertising their devices.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

no need to be defensive, dude. As an s3 owner,I can see how it can be a bit chaotic. My bro didn't understand crap when I sold him my phone, but luckily for him, I showed him many tips and tricks. Another friend, went from iPhone to s4 and he doesn't know how to do stuff. The more customization, the more chaotic,I think.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
no need to be defensive, dude. As an s3 owner,I can see how it can be a bit chaotic. My bro didn't understand crap when I sold him my phone, but luckily for him, I showed him many tips and tricks. Another friend, went from iPhone to s4 and he doesn't know how to do stuff. The more customization, the more chaotic,I think.

I agree. Seems like a good chunk of iphone users or non techy folks have a steep learning curve with the complexities of android. They simply are not used to having so many options and control of their device. The Samsung devices offer quite a bit of customization compared to HTC. I would not necessarily use the word chaotic because I view it as a great thing, but it is a lot more involved.

I am still torn between the two though. I love the HTCs metal body, speakers, and low light camera performance. But I would miss some of the features on the S4, even though some are not all that useful, they still are great to show off lol. Plus I like how they squeezed the 5inch screen in the S4 and it still has a similar footprint to the S3. Decisions, decisions..

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the people who bought the htc one and returned it for the galaxy s4. I had the galaxy s3 and wanted ?something different". The htc one felt like an iPhone (I've had them all besides the 5). Limit on customizing (I don't like rooting), the home and back button so small it wouldn't always register when I tapped it and it got very annoying, then a black bar at the bottom of a lot of apps for menu making screen smaller and a very heavy phone, heavier then the galaxy s3. Nice phone but not for samsung lovers lol, we r too spoiled! Galaxy s4 is very different then the s3. Love my s4 :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe