S4 Sales Lower Than Expected

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Anecdotal evidence of a non-relevant nature is not proof.

The logic argument here seems to be, "My mom's dog lived to be 20, therefore turtles can't eat meat".

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This thread has it all went from talking about S4 sales to why everyone is leaving iOS to HTC One sales figures being fabricated then to excuses to why the S4 sales may be lower then on to burgers (I'm hungry now) then to a discussion about carrier coverage. Whew!

Anyhow, I still stick to my original point.... lofty (sometimes unrealistic) estimates set by analysts aren't being met. I don't buy the argument about people not upgrading because of the S3 and blah blah blah. Sure a lot of people aren't but Samsung sheep (dare I say it?) have become just like iPhone sheep except they won't admit it. People said the same thing about iPhone 5.... it didn't sell more because people were still under contract with the 4S and then with the 4S, people didn't buy it as much because people were still under contract with the 4. Sound familar? Didn't buy it then and don't buy it now just because it's Samsung. Truth be told, the S4 is just as boring as the iPhone 5 IMO. Neither are huge upgrades over their predecessors. But the mainstream user is less concerned about being fresh as functionality. People switch platforms for functionality. I don't care how boring iOS gets but I wouldn't switch to Android if it didn't do what I need it to do. In any event Samsung will sell a heck of a lot of these things but they will have their work cut out for them. With new iPhone hardware coming in a few months and a refreshed OS (that closes the functionality gap without jailbreaking) and better offerings by HTC, Samsung will have to be able to live up to those lofty goals.... just like Apple. I hope they continue as well as Apple and HTC. We need the competition so we get better products. Out of these guys, I don't care who's "winning" as long as they are all in the game.