S7 edge back order and shipping??

jessicatoyia

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the s7 edge yesterday from t-mobile. First he said it wasn't even in the warehouse. Then refreshed his feed a few minutes later and there popped up the phone ready to be ordered. So I ordered and got a shipment date of 11/20. Does anyone know if I should be looking at that date or is it a strong possibility it will come sooner?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the s7 edge yesterday from t-mobile. First he said it wasn't even in the warehouse. Then refreshed his feed a few minutes later and there popped up the phone ready to be ordered. So I ordered and got a shipment date of 11/20. Does anyone know if I should be looking at that date or is it a strong possibility it will come sooner?

Tmobile seems back ordered for awhile now! I would cancel the order and just order the unlocked version from Best Buy that is cheaper than the Tmobile version. Some of the Best Buys also have it in stock at their stores, but if not you can simply order it and get it shipped since they're not on back order.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is true with Best Buy for carrier phones, BUT they sell unlocked phones that work on all the major providers such as Tmobile.
True.. But that is only good if the person wants to pay full price and doesn't need things like wifi calling. IIRC the unlocked S7 Edge doesn't support T-Mobile wifi calling.

verendus

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Unlocked S7 Edge fully supports Wifi Calling, VoLTE, Samsung Pay and any features carrier build into the phone. The international unlocked won't support it, but the US version 935U is 100% compatible with T-mobile and no bloatware. I would choose the unlocked US version over carrier model any day. If you want installment plan, BB credit card offers 0% financing for up to 24 months.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure? As in used yourself and know or just guessing?

You can read a number of articles and posts from people regarding Wifi calling and the S7/S7 Edge works with wifi for Tmobile on the US version. Verizon however doesn't or at least didn't.