S7 edge Battery life

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: S7 edge Batter life

Arrg... Having an issue with something keeping the phone awake constantly.

In GSAM, the held awake time is nearly all the time the phone has been on.. on CPU Spy, it shows that the phone never goes into deep sleep and is always at 300mhz. Androids OS awake time matches the GSAM held awake time and CPU Spy held awake time. Unfortunately Android OS can be 1000 different things.

If I restart the phone, it will go to sleep, but after awhile, whatever is holding it awake comes back alive :(

I hate how Google made it so hard to troubleshoot wakelocks now also.. have to be rooted just to see what's REALLY holding the phone awake. Uggh Android.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Ok I am not 100% what screen on time is I am guessing how long your using your actual phone with the screen on? Cause I got 5 hours and something the other day. Last night mine only said 2 hours and something but I was busy at work and didn't use phone much at all but I made it for like 12 hours on the battery which to me is good. So is that ok? I worked overtime and left work at 2am with like 32% left and on my old phone (HTC) I would of had to of plugged it up once probably twice. I just wasn't on my phone a lot busy at work. But I am happy with how long the battery lasted. My phone stayed in my pocket alot I was busy at work. I just sent a several text and surfed FB on dinner break. I still haven't fully set up my phone and still need to set up syncing. But I see people get 1 day or more but to me 12 hours getting through a whole day at work is good for me. I need to test it next time I am off all day and out all day outside not at work in the basement of a hospital with no signal. Luckily their is guest WiFi. LOL! Is it best to keep always on wifi when sleeping? And the smart Smart network Switch I turned that on and my WiFi on during sleep is on always. I have unlimited data too.
12 hours is not great.... But usage is different for everyone. Weak signal and no wifi will kill a battery every time. My weekend usage is higher but I get better battery life because cell signal at work is worse than at home. Get out of the basement for a day and I expect your battery life will impress you.

I say it is good if you are happy and you sound happy.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! And your right I have terrible signal at work my mobile data stays on and I have ok Wifi that I connect to as soon as I get to work. But yes I would love to get more than 12 hours especially if I am off all day and out which will be tomorrow. At home I stay on Wifi when I am out I turn it off and then if I go somewhere with Wifi like out to eat where signal may not be as good I get on wifi. But sometimes I'll be in Starbucks with good 4G signal and don't have to get on wifi I have unlimited data. But yes your right compared to my M9 I am happy and this is the best phone we've ever had and I love it. But I am worried cause I don't have it fully set up yet and i don't even think my syncing is on so that will change things too. But anyway thanks!

12 hours is not great.... But usage is different for everyone. Weak signal and no wifi will kill a battery every time. My weekend usage is higher but I get better battery life because cell signal at work is worse than at home. Get out of the basement for a day and I expect your battery life will impress you.

I say it is good if you are happy and you sound happy.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I leave work on all the time and usually get a full day on a charge and really that is all I need.

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I am honestly struggling to get to 5 hours SoT. I turned off wifi and Bluetooth location help I also turned off AoD and uninstalled/disabled any apps that I wasn't using or in need of. Also wifi calling and VoLTE are off and im on T-Mobile if that makes a difference. I am still getting much better battery life than my G4 but I still feel like people on here are getting like 15-20% more out of the battery than I am.

Posted via the Android Central App

nate wilborn

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Screenshot_20160314-183210.jpg
Six days with the S7 edge and still have 38% after work today. I would call today medium usage. Used it for hotspot for an hour or so. Music, couple calls.

Can't complain about battery life in my case and I don't turn anything off wifi/Bluetooth, 4glte all stay on.

Rob Boardman

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Anyone have any idea what these top two are on my battery usage?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 729.jpg
    729.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 197

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I've been getting roughly the same as what I was getting with my iPhone 6s Plus. In my case that is roughly 7-8 hours of heavy use. Lots of gps use and streaming media, usually at the same timd. Happy with the edge battery life so far

KHT6789

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't know how you guys get such good battery life. My 7 edge off charger at 8am, and by 5pm it is at 20% with about 3.5 hrs SOT and that's just with some gaming and downloading YouTube video. Currently I feel it is a little bit worse than my 6 plus, using it the same way.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten 10-12 hours which to me is great especially compared to my HTC but I have never gotten 1 day and I see someone had 2 days and I don't get it. Are they not using their phone at all? I've always wondered unless they're rooted I don't know. I've been on mince since I woke up after 10 just mostly texting and was on the forums and changed my theme a couple times to see what others looked like but I am on 81% in 2 hours and woke up to a 100. I do have the AOD on too but if it last me all day I'm good. I have dinner plans at 5 and will see what it's on when I get home. I could charge it up now and leave ny house with a 100 but I want to see how it does with me being out all day and not at work with a sucky signal.

I don't know how you guys get such good battery life. My 7 edge off charger at 8am, and by 5pm it is at 20% with about 3.5 hrs SOT and that's just with some gaming and downloading YouTube video. Currently I feel it is a little bit worse than my 6 plus, using it the same way.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

How are your reception? If system constantly searching for signal this will drain your battery.

Pierrescj

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: S7 edge Battery life is very good

I'm 24 hours in and absolutely loving the battery life. Only about 1-1.5% drain per hour in Standby and that's with the Always On screen running.

I'd say, at least in my early impression, it's on par with my iPhone 6s Plus which has the best battery life of any phone I've ever owned and it's hard to want much more than that. Couple that with fantastically quick charging and it's a winner (at least from my 24 hour impressions). Go Samsung!

The Samsung specs said the always on would only eat up about half a percent per hour? Which is true?

KHT6789

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I have full reception at work so that shouldn't be an issue. At work it's connected to wifi also. I'm testing it again today, maybe it will improve after the system have sometime to cache stuff. Currently at 76%.

Attachments

• 1807.jpg
    1807.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 145

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d