S7 edge from note 7

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
One thing I've always liked about the newer Samsung phones is the Google photos where you store your photos in the cloud I have over 14,000 pictures in there and I wanted to find a picture of my small dog on the beach and I did a search for dog on the beach and it found them immediately there was no lack of any kind

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I like the S7E fine, I guess, but...

I've already tried to unlock with my eyes twice, and tried to pop out the S Pen three times today.
I didn't try to unlock it with my eyes but I kept checking the bottom to make sure my pen was there and of course it is not...

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wiped my Note 7 :'( after Smart Switching my new S7e. *sigh* It's nice I guess. Best alternative out there IMHO. If I had a nickle for every time I've reached for the stylus I'd be rich! Really do miss it.

BTW, I am very happy with my Otterbox Symmetry case for the S7e. I was worried hearing what seemed to be a lot of folks having trouble with the edge on the S7e. This feels nice in my hand, very low profile and no accidental tapping of the edge while handling the phone.

Is there a content scaling option on the Edge like there was for the N7?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wiped my Note 7 :'( after Smart Switching my new S7e. *sigh* It's nice I guess. Best alternative out there IMHO. If I had a nickle for every time I've reached for the stylus I'd be rich! Really do miss it.

BTW, I am very happy with my Otterbox Symmetry case for the S7e. I was worried hearing what seemed to be a lot of folks having trouble with the edge on the S7e. This feels nice in my hand, very low profile and no accidental tapping of the edge while handling the phone.

There's Display Scaling, not resolution. It gives you more information on the screen like the Note5 and Note7.
02885caafe2301ec416721ea4f18b1f6.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I have the same case mine is a black one and I love it

AGC 1906

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I got the S7 Edge today too (returned the Moto Z Force which I got Monday to replace my Note 7). I also got and Intuos Creative Stylus 2 which is a great alternative to the sPen. I uses bluetooth - it gives good results on the S7E :)
I'm planning on doing the same and ordering the S7E. Thought I'd give another manufacturer a whirl and tried out the motor Force. While snappy and straight forward, I hate loading redundant/duplicate play store apps to get the functionality I'd grown accustomed to. Hope to have my S7E in hand in a couple of days.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I realized I just missed the S7 Edge. Too me, it's pretty similar to the Note 7. The gold looks great with my black Otterbox case. The voice texting is better, it's smoother, faster, better camera shots, just all around better. Also has the water resistance factor and SD slot if needed.

This captures why I opted for the S7E too. I had it as a loaner and was pretty happy with it as a back-up. I had it for 5 days as a back-up in September but now have had it a solid week knowing it is my permanent phone and it already as grown on me as similar enough to the Note 7. It's really not that much smaller-I don't even notice the size difference any more. I really thought I would too as I am pretty fussy about the size and prefer to have the larger size phones. I loved the more linear shape of the Note 7, but yet now the S7E shape is falling into line for me just fine and not too "edgy" to me somehow even though it is more curvy than the N7 was. I enjoyed the edge feature that the Note 7 took from the Edge (I guess there was the Note 4 Edge too that had something similar) so it made sense for me to go with the S7E to continue having the apps and task edge that I had already grown accustomed to quick access to. But yeah-it's also good to have water resistance and an SD slot. (well, with 32GB, it's needed).

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm planning on doing the same and ordering the S7E. Thought I'd give another manufacturer a whirl and tried out the motor Force. While snappy and straight forward, I hate loading redundant/duplicate play store apps to get the functionality I'd grown accustomed to. Hope to have my S7E in hand in a couple of days.
Which color are you going with. I had wanted the black but in my area tmobile stores and on tmobile site they were all out of stock so I went with the gold.

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Two things I noticed when going to the S7E from the Note 7 was the ergonomics while holding it as well as how the more exaggerated curves impacted the usability of the phone. I find it almost painful to hold without having it in a case. I also find the screen "distortion" due to the curved edges a real pain. The good news is that Samsung corrected both issues with the Note 7, and I predict the same type of design (or even better) will be present in the Note 8.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm officially in the S7E camp, after recieving the international one Monday, but returning it yesterday, and sticking with the carrier version and picking it up last night. I have to be honest, I was having a tiny bit of anxiety over returning my Note7. I really didn't want to, but obviously had to, return it. Stuck with the Black Onyx, but I don't like the grey bezel on it compared to the all black Note7 design. I'm finding a few querks about it that kind of bother me, but in the end I'll just have to deal with them. I think it's mostly because of TouchWiz vs Grace UI.

Still in the process of resetting everything back up to the way I'd like it. Doing it manually is helping me find what I might or might not like about Touch Wiz on here. The Note7 being my first Samsung device, I didn't mind Grace UI much at all, but that being my first Android device, I didn't have anything to compare it to as far as other launchers go. For the most part I liked it, hopefully I can figure this one out soon too. Right now I have my 64GB SD card in it. Haven't decided if I want to put my 256 in here yet. Now to see how the battery does.

My overall exchange experience was pretty fast, and absolutely painless. The associate that helped me was very appreciative that I bought my note outright, and that I'd be doing the same with my S7E. She was nice enough to let me keep all of my note 7 accessories, except the SPen, and even just took the phone out of the box and handed the box back to me. The only down side to the entire exchange was, they didn't have any more S7E cases or screen protectors available because of all the returns of the Note7. So I'll be running semi naked until Friday. I ordered another pair of Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro cases (Blue/Black and all Black) and an ArmorSuit screen protector (figured I would try something different than Zagg this time). They should all be here by Friday.

Now it's time to move forward, and see what else this thing can do for me!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've always liked about the newer Samsung phones is the Google photos where you store your photos in the cloud I have over 14,000 pictures in there and I wanted to find a picture of my small dog on the beach and I did a search for dog on the beach and it found them immediately there was no lack of any kind

? Google Photos is downloadable off the Play Store.... and is supported on just about every phone out there, including iPhones.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Where would i find that option?

It should be somewhere in the Display settings... It was one of the first things I tweaked when I picked up my wife's replacement S7E... They used the same screen scaling on the Edge as they use on the regular S7... which is silly... there's a 1/2 inch difference in the screen, so the icons sort of looked silly.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't find the setting for Display Scaling anywhere on this phone. Are you using a launcher?

As an aside. I've had this phone for about 24 hours now. Still feeling really bummed out at how big of a step backwards this phone is. Another thing...this phone runs hotter than any phone I've ever owned. For the first time ever I had a system message pop up saying that the phone was going into cool down mode due to the heat. It took a good thirty minutes before it returned to normal operation. I wasn't doing anything but updating apps from the playstore. Very strange.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't find the setting for Display Scaling anywhere on this phone. Are you using a launcher?

As an aside. I've had this phone for about 24 hours now. Still feeling really bummed out at how big of a step backwards this phone is. Another thing...this phone runs hotter than any phone I've ever owned. For the first time ever I had a system message pop up saying that the phone was going into cool down mode due to the heat. It took a good thirty minutes before it returned to normal operation. I wasn't doing anything but updating apps from the playstore. Very strange.

I don't remember seeing it on my Edge in the regular settings, but I remember changing it during the initial set up. I didn't have the Edge very long. Had it as a loaner waiting for the first recall.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Which color are you going with. I had wanted the black but in my area tmobile stores and on tmobile site they were all out of stock so I went with the gold.

Two different people at TMo told me they can't get black in the Edge anymore. One was a store rep and the other TForce on Twitter. It's not even in their system to order. I ended up ordering one on Swappa. It'll get here today. I may pick up a V20 or iPhone as well when I return my Note. I'm on JoD and I'm worried they're gonna do away with it soon. Wanna make sure I keep my acct active.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

First.... the display scaling thing came in a system update at some point. Are you up to date? If you are on an old build, you might not have the setting.

Second... if its running hot, that is a little odd. When I got my wife's I had it dump some 120 apps from the Play Store in it and it didn't get hot... a little bit warm, but nothing even remotely close to triggering a temp warning like that.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
First.... the display scaling thing came in a system update at some point. Are you up to date? If you are on an old build, you might not have the setting.

Second... if its running hot, that is a little odd. When I got my wife's I had it dump some 120 apps from the Play Store in it and it didn't get hot... a little bit warm, but nothing even remotely close to triggering a temp warning like that.

My loaner Edge never got a warning, but it got extremely hot during set up. I also couldn't watch HD video or play games for very long if it was plugged in or it would get really hot. Nothing that would trigger a warning, but too hot to really hold on to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz