S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
It's one per qualifying purchase. As long as both phones meet the qualifying terms, then they should both qualify to claim the S2.

See, that's what I was thinking. That's how I read it. But qualifying purchase could mean entire sale or single phone. I'd love if they just spoke clearly plain English. Many of the questions in this forum wouldn't have to be asked. Hoping if it means just 1 then I can claim the VR with the other.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Oh, I agree. But from my experience, they got to work, maybe read an email halfway explaining how the programs work, or the shipping date and have had to wing it from there. Most likely their supervisors are telling them to handle it the best they can an/or read a script, and these poor souls are getting reamed for it. The problem is from the top down. Had Verizon come out and said, "we know our competitors are shipping early, our plan is to release the preorders over the weekend/Monday to ensure everyone gets delivery by Friday. We understand there have been some systems issues that a small percentage of customers are seeing, mostly around ship dates, and we assure you that the preorders submitted before x date will be shipped and received by Fridays launch", then most of this thread wouldn't exist. The reps are getting frustrated and if I was one of them I'd probably start saying b/s to maintain my own sanity.

Verizon admit they screwed up publicly? HA!

I'm feeling left out lol I got charged but still not saying "shipped" on the app or on the web

You're not the only one. Keep hanging in there bud.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Also, Verizon really needs to start training their CS reps better. There are supposedly reps telling customers that they could be getting scammed if they're receiving tracking #s...

"There is no other launch date for the S7, Samsung the company itself, is not releasing the S7 until March the 11th, if anyone else has heard of anything different or received a tracking number they should look into it, because it could be a scam." That is according to "thehiggy" on VZ's forums.

Probably the reps have tagged his account since he calls every 30mins, so now they're just like "f-it tell him there is no s7, there never was not will be. Samsung mobile has closed its doors and now are in the process of converting to a hair product line some time in 2018"

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Probably the reps have tagged his account since he calls every 30mins, so now they're just like "f-it tell him there is no s7, there never was not will be. Samsung mobile has closed its doors and now are in the process of converting to a hair product line some time in 2018"

BTW there was never a Gear VR made for the masses. All those Gear VRs seen in use during MWC in Barcelona? Photoshopped pictures. The Gear S2 is really just a Timex watch with stickers stuck on the front.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Well my shipping date just updated to 3/7 and now I have a tracking number. :) mine says UPS too, how strange. I've never had anything shipped from Verizon via UPS.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Verizon Shipments Have Started - 1858 Edition

Folks are receiving tracking #s and cards have been charged!

My status shows shipment date of 3/6 which most likely means tomorrow.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
See, that's what I was thinking. That's how I read it. But qualifying purchase could mean entire sale or single phone. I'd love if they just spoke clearly plain English. Many of the questions in this forum wouldn't have to be asked. Hoping if it means just 1 then I can claim the VR with the other.

It says right in the TOS: "If more than one (1) Qualifying Purchase is included on an individual receipt, a participant will be able to then submit the additional qualifying purchase information, including the IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address of the additional devices..."

Pretty clear here that a qualifying purchase means a single phone and that you will be able to make one claim per phone even if they're on the same receipt.