S8+ Too Big / Long?

myusername

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen too many people complaining about the size of the Plus.

I got mine on Wednesday and LOVE the phone, but I'm still unsure about the size. I think the S8 might feel better. I've got to Best Buy and played around with both, but after a couple days with the S8+ it just still feels long and awkward (and big in my front jean pocket). I'm considering exchanging it for the S8. Anyone else?

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I got mine on Wednesday and LOVE the phone, but I'm still unsure about the size. I think the S8 might feel better. I've got to Best Buy and played around with both, but after a couple days with the S8+ it just still feels long and awkward (and big in my front jean pocket). I'm considering exchanging it for the S8. Anyone else?

OK, I'll wade in. No, I think the size is perfect. It's not substantially bigger than my S7E and is smaller than the big iPhones. Yes, I sometimes struggle to reach with one hand but that has been true ever since I had the OG HTC Evo. And you can always enable the triple home button tap to switch temporarily to one handed use, which is super easy to do and cancel.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Too tall and too thin.... gun to my head id pick the s8. both to me next to my 5.9" mate 9 just looked like toys. im in know way saying the mate 9 is a better phone and am talking strictly aesthetics.....

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the S8 for 3 days and just got my S8+ today and at first blush, I'm thinking I liked the S8 better. I'm coming from an S7 edge which I loved the size of. I'm not sure yet but definitely glad I can give both a real road test.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I've been using the s8 plus for 2 days now and overall it's fine. As someone who used a iPhone 7 plus for awhile it's not a big deal. However I have a regular s 8 on the way and I'll try that out and return one or the other. I do have a feel that the s8 will be good enough. I guess battery life might be a factor to stick with the plus.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to keep my s8+ a surprise so I never went into stores to check it out and only watched a few first impressions. In fact, I intentionally walked right past it at Best buy.

When I first opened my s8+ yesterday, I was shocked at how long it appeared. I knew it was longer than usual but not that bad. I actually like it though. Sure, I have to zoom in because of the aspect ratio but I'm only cutting off a tiny bit which I don't mind.

This phone is a dream to hold.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought the G6 that I returned was perfect fit in the hand, but I can't give up the screen and size of the s8+ it's pretty amazing what Samsung did with the size. I was comparing it to my wife's iPhone 6s plus and they are almost identical. Pretty crazy the physical changes in a year and a half.

MACKSnare519

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was a tad too tall for my tastes, I prefer the "compact" size of the S8. (Compact for a 5.8" display Lmao) It's even smaller than my S7E.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
S8+ fits in my pocket just fine -- I really don't mind that I have to walk around like I've got a peg leg. ;-)

But I can actually sit down with the thing in my pocket (front left pants pocket), and I really don't have any problem using the thing. So far, so good for me.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have been using LG v20.So I ordered S8+ .got it yesterday height is same as v20.but is thinner.I really like the plus.feels good in my hand

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I only handled the S8+ for about 5 minutes in a Best Buy, therefore I have no day to day use with it, but in store it felt OK but not for me, I dont like huge phone, the S8 on the other hand is the perfect size imo, I am in love with it

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my S8+ quite a bit since it arrived on Wednesday. I am coming from an S7 Edge and had the Note 7 before that. In general I prefer bigger phones, but I was happy that Samsung chose to keep the width of the phone as small as possible while growing the length in order to accommodate a larger screen.

HOWEVER, I am experience some major hand fatigue while holding this phone. After using it for several hours, when I pick up my S7 Edge, again, it feels much more comfortable and "lighter" in the hand.

I've realized something. Even though the S8+ only weighs slightly more than the s7 Edge, the length of the phone really impacts the "feel" of the phone in terms of how heavy it feels. That is because I am gripping the phone along the lower half of the body, and I generally hold the phone at a 45 degree to 60 degree angle as I am using it. The portion of the phone that is positioned above my hand is more "impacted" by the pull of gravity than a shorter phone. I would compare it to a lever and fulcrum, and I'm feeling the impact of a longer "load arm" of the lever... If that makes any sense.