S9 Time zone changes after clocks go back

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked S9 on Verizon and about 45 minutes after the time change this past weekend my phone changed from Eastern Time to Atlantic Time (initially it flipped back as it's supposed to). I was on automatic date and time when it happened. At first I switched auto off, manually changed to Eastern and turned auto back on to try and force it to get data again (per directions from a previous article on the site). That didn't help so I did a restart and repeated. That didn't help much either. It reverted to Atlantic on just over an hour. I left in manually in the correct Eastern time the remainder of Sunday until Monday morning at work ~10-12 miles away so possibly a different tower?). Changed back to auto at work and it lasted longer, but only about 5 hrs before reverting back to Atlantic. To make this even muddier yet, about 8 months ago when I received the update to Pie was the first time it happened (started after that and there's a thread on it). Nothing I tried worked and Verizon didn't have an answer and just had me go go to manual time. I kept it that way for roughly 2 months before deciding to try and go back to auto. Once I switched it worked fine for several months until we flipped back. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently manually set to Eastern so as not to screw up my work alarms.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm closer to Central than Atlantic Roughly 150 miles away from the Central zone line as the crow flies. Probably more than 500 miles from Atlantic time. No US towers in that zone outside of Puerto Rico and I'm not anywhere near there.

Can't type for crap so I've had to edit multiple times.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would backup everything and perform the dreaded factory reset.

Did you perform a factory reset after receiving the OS update to Android 9 / Pie?
You didn't mention, so I assumed not.

I have always performed a factory reset, after a major OS update, in order to clean the old OS out and set things right.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm hoping to avoid, but may end up doing anyways. Though I don't see how that would fix data I'm receiving from Verizon.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Forgot about this until I jumped on the forum for another issue. I'll stop by my local Verizon store and ask about reprovisioning.