Samsung Email & iCloud - Sent Items

klasmeister

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

Since I bought the Samsung Note 8, coming from ten years of using iPhone (and even more with Mac), I installed my iCloud email using the Samsung built-in email app.

Whilst this was not very straight-forward, I managed to eventually get it up and running but there appears to be an issue with sent emails.

All emails that I send through the online version of iCloud appear in a folder called Sent Messages.

Emails that I send from my phone however, do not appear in that folder, nor in the folder called Sent. That folder remains entirely empty.

At the same time, the emails that I send from my phone do not appear in the Sent folder of iCloud online, but all other emails do.

Outgoing server on the Note 8 is configured as smtp.mac.com, TLS, port 587.

Changing the outgoing server to smtp.mail.me.com does not solve the issue.

Apologies if this is confusing/unclear but I hope someone has experienced a similar issue and knows how to solve this.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you have two factor authorization set up on your iCloud account and did you login to the iCloud account and generate an app specific password to use in the Note 8 email app?

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
So here is the deal...

iCloud natively uses a "Sent Messages" folder instead of "Sent" folder. You have two choices:

1) Remap the Samsung email client to use "Sent Messages" folder instead of "Sent" folder. I have no idea if this is possible since I don't use Samsung email client. I use TypeApp and it is possible with that.

2) Log into iCloud from Safari. Under the first set of folders Inbox through Junk (including 'Sent') should be a "Folders". Under there you will probably find a "Sent" folder. This is probably where the Samsung email client is sticking the messages sent by your phone.

klasmeister

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
So here is the deal...

2) Log into iCloud from Safari. Under the first set of folders Inbox through Junk (including 'Sent') should be a "Folders". Under there you will probably find a "Sent" folder. This is probably where the Samsung email client is sticking the messages sent by your phone.

That's the weird thing. This folder is empty...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus