Samsung freebies, which did you choose and how did you submit it?

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Did mine a little while ago, got approved right away. (charger/sd card)
It says it will ship week of 2017-10-9.. As much as I hope that means the week of September 10th, it probably means October 9th. :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why you'd pick the memory card and the charger. The camera is more expensive and harder to get. Lol

I will use a charger every day at work at my desk, and I refuse to spend the money out of pocket for it. So for me, it makes more sense to get something for free that I really want and will use, as opposed to getting something more valuable that will collect dust after using it once.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Why? It's worth it out of pocket or you can buy a cheaper alternative. Same for the microsd card. If anything you could resell the VR camera for full price and make a profit after buying the charger and microsd card.
This. The 360 camera is the better value.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Why? It's worth it out of pocket or you can buy a cheaper alternative. Same for the microsd card. If anything you could resell the VR camera for full price and make a profit after buying the charger and microsd card.

No, that's never how it works. Samsung gives out all of these free promotional things, and then the market gets flooded with them and it drives the cost way down. I'm not paying for any of the freebies, so I don't really care which one costs more on the shelf. I will get the thing that I will use the most. I don't want a "cheaper alternative" because too many times I read about people having problems with them, and it's not your decision to make if it's worth it out of pocket. It's my decision to make.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This. The 360 camera is the better value.

Yep. It'll be worth so much sitting on people's shelves collecting dust after the first week of usage. If people want it because they think they'll use it or if they want it because it sounds fun, then heck yeah get it. But to make the decision based solely on value isn't a great idea. Tons of people did that last year with the SD cards, and all the people talking a big game about selling it were creating threads a month later asking where they might be able to find buyers. It drove the value through the dirt.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No that's not how it works lmao. It's not even that many for as large as the market is. It's pretty pointless to get the cheaper thing in this case but to each their own.

Well, that's how it worked last year with the Note 7 and Galaxy S7 freebies. That's exactly what happened. The first few had success but the vast majority still have unopened 256 GB SD Cards at their house collecting dust because no one wanted them due to how many cheap ones hit the market. I learned then that you get what you can use. The only way I pick the more expensive option for that reason alone, is if I already have both of the freebies. But you're right. To each their own. Which is why I said it's not your place to tell me to buy a cheap option that will fry my battery.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Picked the card and wireless charger. Did it through Samsung Shop app, all without any paperwork, just from the phone Nice n easy. Was approved within 48 hours.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep. It'll be worth so much sitting on people's shelves collecting dust after the first week of usage. If people want it because they think they'll use it or if they want it because it sounds fun, then heck yeah get it. But to make the decision based solely on value isn't a great idea. Tons of people did that last year with the SD cards, and all the people talking a big game about selling it were creating threads a month later asking where they might be able to find buyers. It drove the value through the dirt.
Samsung fast wireless charger can be had for $30 on their website, $25 on Amazon. The same exact memory card included in the promotion can be had for $54. even if someone wanted to unload it when the market for them is "so flooded with the millions of free ones they're giving away" and they sell it for $150 they're still making out.

Personally I already have two Samsung wireless chargers, 1 collects dust, and a few SD cards hanging around. I'll use the 360 camera because it will be a fun toy to play with. I guess I understand your reasoning, it just doesn't make monetary sense.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
i've been trying to discover a location on Samsung's site that will permit me to register for our free gifts but everything sends me to the Shop Samsung app on Note8s. Any way around this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred