Samsung freebies, which did you choose and how did you submit it?

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
i've been trying to discover a location on Samsung's site that will permit me to register for our free gifts but everything sends me to the Shop Samsung app on Note8s. Any way around this?

Go to samsung.com and then you have to register with Samsung website first and , from there if you have received your phone your IMEI # should already be in their system then go to the menu on the left side of the page and scroll down to my promotions and it then will ask you to upload a copy of your receipt and once you do that they will send you a email with a conformation and a tracking # now if you register on Shop Samsung it should take you through the same process as the web site on your pc. Then you can go back to either site and click on my promotions and check on the status by clicking on the tracking # which takes you to the FedEx site to track....

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I Submitted on the 5th for the Gear 360. Was approved and processed on the 6th. Also got an email with tracking saying my gift is on its way. I've had a fedex label created from them since Thurs, originally delivery date was today but the item still has not been scanned by fedex. On the samsungpromo check status site it says my gift is shipping between 9-8 and 9-15.

I got my phone on the 6th, registered for the promotion and chose the camera and it was accepted right away and then got a email shortly after and and it said delivery date would be the 8th and the next day it changed and went back to pending.....so I am still waiting. It shows it coming out of Plainfield, Indiana so I guess that is where a FedEx is? All that mean is that Samsung has sent them a electronic shipping order but FedEx has not scanned it in the system so I don't know how some can get it and some don't. They sure can mess with your mind sometimes, so frustrating.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why you'd pick the memory card and the charger. The camera is more expensive and harder to get. Lol
Because I would never use the camera. Same situation for people who got VR headsets that gather dust. I can use the wireless charger and my wife can use the SD card (I already have a 128 card). I would rather get something I can use.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Because I would never use the camera. Same situation for people who got VR headsets that gather dust. I can use the wireless charger and my wife can use the SD card (I already have a 128 card). I would rather get something I can use.

I have the same reason as you. Never go wrong with SD card and wireless charger (I can put one at the office, home and everywhere else that needed lol. But for me, if they have the VR, i would've took that instead since I had the SD card and wireless charger from the note 7 promo.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's how it worked last year with the Note 7 and Galaxy S7 freebies. That's exactly what happened. The first few had success but the vast majority still have unopened 256 GB SD Cards at their house collecting dust because no one wanted them due to how many cheap ones hit the market. I learned then that you get what you can use. The only way I pick the more expensive option for that reason alone, is if I already have both of the freebies. But you're right. To each their own. Which is why I said it's not your place to tell me to buy a cheap option that will fry my battery.
If anyone really put their 256 GB card in their drawer they can contact me for a sale. I bet 90% went in phones. I do think most of the VR headsets are gathering dust. Including the ones sold on eBay.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
If anyone really put their 256 GB card in their drawer they can contact me for a sale. I bet 90% went in phones. I do think most of the VR headsets are gathering dust. Including the ones sold on eBay.

I got my 256gb sd card in my note8 now and lmao yelp my vr is just sitting in the box. Only used twice:)

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Funny... I got the Gear Fit2 and the VR. My VR is along with just about everyone else's. Chilling with the dust bunnies. I do use my Fit2 though. I love that thing. It helped me lose about 35lbs. I need that card now though.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I got my phone on the 6th, registered for the promotion and chose the camera and it was accepted right away and then got a email shortly after and and it said delivery date would be the 8th and the next day it changed and went back to pending.....so I am still waiting. It shows it coming out of Plainfield, Indiana so I guess that is where a FedEx is? All that mean is that Samsung has sent them a electronic shipping order but FedEx has not scanned it in the system so I don't know how some can get it and some don't. They sure can mess with your mind sometimes, so frustrating.

No. That's just a shipping warehouse for Samsung. Same place our Note 7 goodies came from. Not too far from me.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Our freebies

Do we have to do anything to 'claim' our 2 freebies for pre-ordering? From VZW?
Or are they just shipped out?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Our freebies

Yep. Open the shop samsung app. Click on promotions then follow the instructions. You will need a copy of you receipt as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201