Samsung galaxy is absolutely appalling?

Boredlol

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm using my mums samsung galaxy s3 as I'm waiting for my xperia to be replaced. This phone is utter crap and I mean utter crap. Here are some of the infamous crappy things it can do for you. You can charge it all night and in the morning unplug it, it will immediately drop to 90% within 5-10 minutes. I think just looking at the damn thing drains it. I have to go a long way to college, so I do get bored. I cannot listen to music, play games, chat because this phone dies within 30 minutes of usage. I never use it on the way in case i'm late and need to contact someone. here's the best part, at 70% or less, if you dare to turn it off to try and save battery, turn it back on and it will say you only have 3% worth of battery left. You will get at the most if you're lucky 40 mins of usage on one charge. I'm not exaggerating! It charges faster on than off, if you leave it off charging for an hour max it will get to is 30, however leave it on and it will charge as fast as it dies. The worst part is, come a certain percentage, with certain apps it will get dodgy, for e.g snapchat, use that at around 40% the screen will start to fuzz out, signal will disappear completely and eventually the phone will freeze, forcing you to turn it off again even with 40% will turn back on to say 0. The camera starts to fuzz with purple lines ITS ALL VERY IRRITATING. I don't know why this phone is like this its absolutely appalling! I am constantly having to charge it because it dies too quickly, even my iphone 3gs on ios 6 has a longer battery life. I have turned off wifi, low brightness, close all apps, not bluetooth no nothing like that I am stumped as how this is possible. I am beginning to think its either an update or software issue, it has been repartitioned about last year as it was starting to die! Please help!:mad::mad::mad:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It could be a bad battery or some app going wild. I would try to do a factory data reset and don't install any apps, and see if you have the same battery drain. If so then it is probably the battery.

If not then slowly start installing apps and hopefully you will be able to figure out which app is going wild

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Boredlol

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've done a factory reset many times, im beginning to think that the phone itself is dying, i would buy a new battery but i dont think ill waste the time on this as for now it's acting as a replacement phone

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've done a factory reset many times, im beginning to think that the phone itself is dying, i would buy a new battery but i dont think ill waste the time on this as for now it's acting as a replacement phone

If you don't want to buy a battery, quit your bitchin.

AC App on SGS3