Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Future) Owners Club

JHock08

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay, Ive never heard of this before. Is this a good idea? These aren't UK version or something right? Unlocked, meaning ....?

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay, Ive never heard of this before. Is this a good idea? These aren't UK version or something right? Unlocked, meaning ....?

Meaning not locked to a carrier or country, so long as the phone works on your carriers frequency you can use it. As for it being a good idea, add up the cost of getting a phone on contract, then find a sim only deal that provides what you need, subtract the latter from the former. That is what you are paying for the phone. Since UK quotes have mentioned 45 pounds a month for two years and I currently only pay 10 a month you can see the logic.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Do Handtec take the money out of your account straight away?

I think so. But they do refund the difference if the actual price happens to be lower than what they charge in the first place. Also, you can always cancel and get a full refund if you change your mind.

Ordered iPhone 4 from them and canceled because their stock arrived late last year.

Reactions: TheMafro

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So, our confirmed membership at the moment is:-

Hearthatvoiceagain (UK)
infernalman7 (Thailand)
Natalieann75 (?????)
adp192 (Australia)

anyone else?

If the rumours about the US launch being after the UK are true we could end up being the very first to get it.

adp192

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
not to burst your bubble here but I am currently following another Australian forum, and there are plenty others who have bought SGN from the same company:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1797269

skimming through it again I can find over 10 people here who have confirmed their payment, obviously bearing in mind that it would be a higher number considering that not everyone who bought one would comment.

this would mean that shipping might be a couple of weeks after the actual release, but yeah your assumption about us being the first few to own it is pretty dead on :)

Last edited:

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
not to burst your bubble here but I am currently following another Australian forum, and there are plenty others who have bought SGN from the same company:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1797269

skimming through it again I can find over 10 people here who have confirmed their payment, obviously bearing in mind that it would be a higher number considering that not everyone who bought one would comment.

this would mean that shipping might be a couple of weeks after the actual release, but yeah your assumption about us being the first few to own it is pretty dead on :)

A couple of weeks? I could understand a couple of days (since you are on the bottom half of the planet) but 2 weeks? How are they getting them there, by steamship?

As for me, Handtec have confirmed that if they get their stock as expected I shall have it on the day of release.

TheMafro

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I think so. But they do refund the difference if the actual price happens to be lower than what they charge in the first place. Also, you can always cancel and get a full refund if you change your mind.

Ordered iPhone 4 from them and canceled because their stock arrived late last year.
Thanks. I preordered one today, hopefully I'll be in the first batch sent out if I'm lucky.

Alp

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Do Handtec take the money out of your account straight away?

In most countries actually taking money from your account before they ship the product would be illegal, instead they sorta hide the money so you can't use it on accident but they won't get it till its shipped to you.

Last edited:

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just pre-ordered. Ready to return my 4s. Don't hate it, just underwhelmed. Very excited to try the android OS! The GN will be my maiden voyage :)

adp192

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
A couple of weeks? I could understand a couple of days (since you are on the bottom half of the planet) but 2 weeks? How are they getting them there, by steamship?

As for me, Handtec have confirmed that if they get their stock as expected I shall have it on the day of release.

haha nah I ordered with FedEx so shipping will take only a couple of days, but considering how much stock a single company will have on the release date and how many people have actually preordered (average of over 10 per forum multiplied by thousands worldwide) I'm pretty sure 'our batch' - the ones who have just recently bought it - will be a couple of weeks late, but that's just my opinion.

anon(535989)

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
yep. preordered from negri electronics the day their preorder page went active. i'm not switching to verizon and i don't want to wait to see what will happen with the launch, since they're being so secretive about it.

eric b

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause