Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Lineage 16 and Galaxy Apps, can I get the apps with a custom ROM?

Intercity329

Jul 21, 2020
Visit site
So ive recently wiped the Original Android 5 off the Galaxy Note 3 and replaced it with a Custom ROM Of Android 9. Obviously the phone is not stable because it is a custom ROM. Another problem is is that i no longer have access to the official Samsung Apps Such as Galaxy Store. Is there a way to get these apps back into my phone as whenever i install a Samsung app apk it will not allow the phone to install it even though ive allowed it to install from unknown sources. Because i would like to get the Samsung themes app back so i can have the icons or even use other samsung apps

Intercity329

Jul 21, 2020
Visit site
Yes it is annoying as ive lost alot of features that was on Android 5. and i don't know if going to One UI 2 Is a good idea and does it even come with galaxy apps. and tbh if i went for an S20 ROM I Would Lose all my apps and i would go back to stock android 5 but can you install an S20 ROM Over The Stock Firmware. Would i also be able to use the galaxy gear first gen with the phone if it has a custom ROM

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is annoying as ive lost alot of features that was on Android 5. and i don't know if going to One UI 2 Is a good idea and does it even come with galaxy apps. and tbh if i went for an S20 ROM I Would Lose all my apps and i would go back to stock android 5 but can you install an S20 ROM Over The Stock Firmware. Would i also be able to use the galaxy gear first gen with the phone if it has a custom ROM
I think One UI is just too much for your device. As suggested....you might get better rooting/ROM help at XDA.

Last edited:

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
There's no doubt your Note 3 is suffering from massive constipation. Note 3 came with 3 gigs of RAM, and 3 versions of internal storage 16/32/64 gigs was the series.

I have a Note 9 with 128 gigs of internal, but 6 gigs of RAM. Typically, the system is using 2.6 gigs of RAM with 590 MB of reserve. This means you're overwhelmed even before you try to use anything, and it's just not going to be functional in any sense of usability, as far as I can see. Even if you had the 64 Gig internal storage, I don't know how you'd beat anything into submission with that little track to run on. It's like trying to race a stock car on a bicycle path, IMO, even with the bloat pared down with a custom ROM.

Intercity329

Jul 21, 2020
Visit site
So Something weird happened today and i was trying to install android 5 firmware on the phone and odin said failed. i've turned on the phone and now sais android is upgrading which is shouldn't do if its not worked