Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon's crazy rule about FedEx delivery

It is already on the truck now, but when I called F/X it was at the facility. I do not understand why I could not sign for it at the F/X facility as long as I show my drivers license to prove I am the person that lives at the address. I live in a private house and my neighbors work during the day so there is no option other than wait all day.

I could have had the darn thing by now if they let me pick it up.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Verizon) ready to ship!

Bad thing of having it left at front doors is sometimes groups of thieves will watch for new releases of phones knowing there will be thousands then follow trucks and watching to see if they are just left at door. Then snatching them up.

Posted via Android Central App

That's a risk with any package delivery...besides, the brunt of the Galaxy Note 4 release has passed and thieves are probably dumb enough to only pay attention to iPhones.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

according to F/X if they make one attempt you can pick it up. If you can get to F/X tonight before they close you can have it tonight.

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Best Buy Verizon Pre orders...

This is all such bull****!

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm with you! I'm showing up at my BB after work today regardless. Then the manager is going to have to give me a damn good reason why I preordered and don't have it on release day while I can go across the street to VZW store and get the exact phone. If they would have told me it wouldn't be in on release day I would not have ordered from BB. In fact, I had it ordered at a VZW store and cancelled it because I figured it would be easier to just do the $200 off at BB. Given the choice I would have preferred to have my phone today and waited for the $200 from Samsung. But BB didn't give me that option by telling me it would be available on release day. There's still a chance that I'll get the email today when they unpack their truck but I not longer trust anything BB tells me so I'm not counting on it.

Count me as a soon to be ex-BB customer.

sqlcowboy

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I was at home and mine got dropped off without signature... thought that was kind of odd. Thank goodness they had it in a bag as it was raining cats and dogs.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

As soon as you got the tracking number, you could have gone online and had them leave it at the station for you to pick up instead of sending it out for delivery. Very easy to do. If they needed a signature, you could sign for it at the station. Easier doing things online then calling a service rep.

CoachRob29

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

My delivery was set for 10:30 and it arrived at 9:04. Thankfully I had someone at the house to sign for it.

CoachRob29

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Verizon) ready to ship!

Mine arrived at 9:04 this morning. Can't wait to take it to the store at lunch and get it activated!

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm probably going to buy it from VZW and then go into best buy and tell them that even though I already have one they can't sell my pre-order until the holding time is up lolol

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

They told me all the same stuff on the phone but I just went to the Brentwood TN facility,caught the driver before he left and I am charging up my Note 4 right now. The Verizon rule is dumb. I don't know if they'd all ignore it but my FedEx guy did.

It is already on the truck now, but when I called F/X it was at the facility. I do not understand why I could not sign for it at the F/X facility as long as I show my drivers license to prove I am the person that lives at the address. I live in a private house and my neighbors work during the day so there is no option other than wait all day.

I could have had the darn thing by now if they let me pick it up.

Creattiff

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm with you! I'm showing up at my BB after work today regardless. Then the manager is going to have to give me a damn good reason why I preordered and don't have it on release day while I can go across the street to VZW store and get the exact phone. If they would have told me it wouldn't be in on release day I would not have ordered from BB. In fact, I had it ordered at a VZW store and cancelled it because I figured it would be easier to just do the $200 off at BB. Given the choice I would have preferred to have my phone today and waited for the $200 from Samsung. But BB didn't give me that option by telling me it would be available on release day. There's still a chance that I'll get the email today when they unpack their truck but I not longer trust anything BB tells me so I'm not counting on it.

Count me as a soon to be ex-BB customer.
I just got off the phone with a manager at BB. She claimed that the point of their pre-order was to get the phone before the general public an not for sure on release day..................... I had several nasty things to tell her. As of right now they still have 0 n4 in white in stock and they do not know when they will get them. She said the phones are drop shipped to them and they have no idea how many or what colors they will get.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

This is incorrect for this shipment. That option is not officially available. See my other reply. Also...in addition to the dumb rule about trying your house first they don't require a sig. It's just crazy but FedEx was good for me.

As soon as you got the tracking number, you could have gone online and had them leave it at the station for you to pick up instead of sending it out for delivery. Very easy to do. If they needed a signature, you could sign for it at the station. Easier doing things online then calling a service rep.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I tried making arrangements to do that on the phone last night but they told me it cold not be done. They told me to go on line and leave instructions. I did instruct them to leave it at the rear door if I am not home but I am still afraid to leave the house if the driver decides he will not leave it at the back door without a signature

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I usually put a note on the door telling them to place the package near the door, with my signature.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

From past experience, they will make one attempt and leave a delivery attempt notice. The trucks are generally not out until 8 except before Christmas. I believe the center is open until 8. Call FedEx with the number on the ticket and you should be able to pick it up after you get home. You don't need the ticket itself to present to the FedEx center so if someone is able to read you the number over the phone you can give them the number when you go to pick the phone up this evening. I've usually been able to pick up a Verizon shipment between 6 and 7pm.

rcrawf17

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm in Kansas City. No e-mail for me yet. I preordered on 10/12. I had a bad feeling about best buy idk why I don't listen to my gut.

IMPULSE362

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm probably going to buy it from VZW and then go into best buy and tell them that even though I already have one they can't sell my pre-order until the holding time is up lolol

Just recieved my email from Best Buy saying I could pick it up today. I bet yours comes in today as well.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I am going to hang out for a few hours and if the phone isn't delivered by the time I finish lunch I am going to take my puppy to the vet. I would hate to leave and come back to find a sticker on the door that had a time posted that was 10 minutes after I left. If I miss delivery this morning I am going to have to wait till the truck returns to the facility after making all hi deliveries.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhesslim0130