Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Nice, the Note 5 I bought is the black, Verizon only have either black or gold, I saw few pictures of ash with black and it looked great.
Aye the Ash is awesome i have the UAG Black one on my wifes S6 Edge Plus, and we both have the ZAGG Glass Protection on it no HALO at all.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
A case is not a waste of money. $40 is a very small price to pay to protect an $800 device.
I agree, now here's what i think tho theses phones that are over 600.00 , 700.00, 800.00 or so , i think the providers should include protective cases , they already add headphones with the device , might as well add a case for free, the phone is already expensive, would be nice if the provider's did this.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Any suggestions for a rugged case with a holster? I like the Otterbox Defender for the Note 5 but I tend to take the case off my Note 5 thus stretching the rubber on the case.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Any suggestions for a rugged case with a holster? I like the Otterbox Defender for the Note 5 but I tend to take the case off my Note 5 thus stretching the rubber on the case.

Poetic Revolution. Tougher than otterbox, has a lot better screen protector on par with tempered glass and is harder material and doesn't seem to stretch so much. Only downside is you lose wireless charging with it but I think it provides more protection.

Many also suggest the Supcase. I have one and I really like it, but it seems a lot more thin than otterbox and stiffer so I wonder if it would be able to save my phone from a fall or not.

Artech 21 also makes a rugged cast that is wonderful too.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Poetic Revolution. Tougher than otterbox, has a lot better screen protector on par with tempered glass and is harder material and doesn't seem to stretch so much. Only downside is you lose wireless charging with it but I think it provides more protection.

Many also suggest the Supcase. I have one and I really like it, but it seems a lot more thin than otterbox and stiffer so I wonder if it would be able to save my phone from a fall or not.

Artech 21 also makes a rugged cast that is wonderful too.

The Poetic Revolution case looks promising, I don't know about the Supcase though because like you I wonder the same thing when it comes to drop protection and the holster isn't near as good as the Otterbox Defender. As the Artech21 I'll look into it more.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know about the durability of the carabiner loop? Because if I buy this case I intend on hooking a carabiner to it on my belt loop for work(I work at a big retail store)

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Update on the Otterbox Defender, I still like it a lot. Fit and feel is really good and well protected. I did wind up popping out the built in screen protector. I was getting dirt & debri under it and I am not going to constantly take it off to clean so I popped it out and put on a tempered glass screen protector and I like it even better. I feel like I have a great set up now and the phone is well protected

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
To each his own, but I love to enjoy the clean "unprotected" feel of Gorilla Glass 4. This material is truly amazing and virtually impervious to scratches with normal day to day usage. No one will dispute that the bare glass feels and looks better than protective coverings. Granted, even Gorilla Glass 4 will break in a serious drop. But with a good case like the Tech 21 with its D3O material (or many other fine cases) the risk of these breaks can be minimized if not eliminated.

I have dropped all of my phones beginning with my Samsung Vibrant going back to 2010. Not one of my phones has a scratch on the glass. 90% of these drops occurred while walking my dogs the biggest of which is 251 lbs. When he jerks on the leash if I am on the phone the phone usually flies. It almost always lands on concrete or asphalt. And as of yet the only damage to any of my phones was the Vibrant and that was to the bezel (scratch) after which I went with Tech 21 cases on all my phones.

The screen is the most important interface between man and phone. Anything that comes between me and my phone must be crystal clear and smooth. I am willing to risk a break to a certain extent, but between the Gorilla Glass 4 and the quality case that risk is minimal. The evidence for me is 6 years of not a scratch on any of my many phone screens. Not a scratch on any part of any of the phones since I started using Tech 21 in 2010.

Don't take my word for it, here's the proof:

Test with hammer! I had trouble watching this (below) - it hurts to see abuse like this!
For mature audiences only! May be disturbing for some viewers!

Enjoy your Note 5 in all its glory, it really is durable and highly resistant to damage. :cool:

Last edited:

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I am looking into getting an Otterbox for my Note 5. I currently have the Tech 21 Evo Check case in clear with white bezels and like it a lot but I want to get something a bit more substantial I think. I don't want a defender but I am debating between the commuter and the symmetry. I hear the symmetry is a very nice case not too bulky and offers lots of protection. Has anyone used both that can comment on which they liked better?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So I am looking into getting an Otterbox for my Note 5. I currently have the Tech 21 Evo Check case in clear with white bezels and like it a lot but I want to get something a bit more substantial I think. I don't want a defender but I am debating between the commuter and the symmetry. I hear the symmetry is a very nice case not too bulky and offers lots of protection. Has anyone used both that can comment on which they liked better?

I think the Symmetry is way overpriced imo. Also from what I've heard a lot of phones when dropped have been shattering and is a pain to get on and off. Again just the reviews I've read. The Defender offers great drop protection but I would rip the awful screen protector out and go naked on tempered glass. However I have one and over time the rubber became really loose and I only used it for a couple months and like all the others the hardshell the tabs become weaker overtime causing it to squeek.

to be honest much much better cases such as the Poetic Revolution is the best for drop and less than half the price and the built in screen protector on that is just as good as being naked or tempered glass. However it doesn't work with wireless charging and way too bulky hence why I don't use it a lot.

Artech 21 also makes a durable case that's cheap as well and Ulak has a case very similar to Otterbox that is cheap and I just ordered one. Even though some of the thick cases might be crappy but for $15 bucks on Amazon what the heck. Order a few different ones that equal the price of one otterbox.

I think for ultimate drop protection the Poetic revolution is the best. More protection than a Defender but the downside you lose wireless charging and the Spen is a pain to get out.

I'm interested in what the Ulak case is liek though. Looks like harder outside than Ottterbox so hopefully it last longer. If it doesn't work it was only 14 bucks.

Supcase is okay too the Unicorn Beetle provides okay protection but I don't consider it rugged like Otterbox Defender.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Saleswoman was correct that the Tech21 clear case (white edges) gets bluish from jeans pocket. Only had the case a couple months and it's finally showing a light blue around the edges. Disappointing that a good clear case doesn't stay clear! Back to my black Tech21 for now.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

I have the commuter and am a big fan of it. Offers much better drop protection than the Symmetry. That said, I like the feel of the Spigen Slim Armor better, offers fairly similar drop protection, and has a kickstand (a feature I never thought I'd need but find myself using more than I ever planned).

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time