Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

licountrygirl

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having a heck of a time trying to find a case that protects the corner of the phone where the s pen is. I've tried Spigen high pro shield, caseology wavelength, a UAG, a Verus, and Candyshell grip. Only the Candyshell offers a little bit more protection in that vulnerable area. I know getting the pen in and out is something to consider but I really want that corner protected. Does anyone have a case where they feel that it would be?

All of the cases were really nice but I'm just not convinced.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am having a heck of a time trying to find a case that protects the corner of the phone where the s pen is. I've tried Spigen high pro shield, caseology wavelength, a UAG, a Verus, and Candyshell grip. Only the Candyshell offers a little bit more protection in that vulnerable area. I know getting the pen in and out is something to consider but I really want that corner protected. Does anyone have a case where they feel that it would be?

All of the cases were really nice but I'm just not convinced.

I have a UAG case and feel that the corner where the S Pen is located is just as protected as the other 3. I'ved had a few small drops nothing more then 3 feet with no damage. There is a small opening to access the pen but it shouldn't come in to contact with anything if dropped on a semi flat surface.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The Poetic Revolution has a cover over the Spen area but the case is super bulky and has that silly loop on the top of it.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a UAG case and feel that the corner where the S Pen is located is just as protected as the other 3. I'ved had a few small drops nothing more then 3 feet with no damage. There is a small opening to access the pen but it shouldn't come in to contact with anything if dropped on a semi flat surface.

Pic? I'd like to see that. Sometimes I drop my phone , and the pen flies out.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally getting me a otterbox comutter case. I like my caseology vault , but I somehow scratched up the back. It gave me an excuse to use my Samsung best buy promotion card on another case. Lol

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Pic? I'd like to see that. Sometimes I drop my phone , and the pen flies out.
I didn't get a picture taken but I did really looked at my case and there's no way of the pen coming in contact with any flat surface. Maybe your case is a little different or you pen may stick out further than mine.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I didn't get a picture taken but I did really looked at my case and there's no way of the pen coming in contact with any flat surface. Maybe your case is a little different or you pen may stick out further than mine.

I have a Defender and I've dropped it a couple times getting out of bed onto the carpet and the Spen clicked loose out of the phone. No damage and no big deal though since it was carpet. The Revolution is the only case I know of that has a cover for the Spen. Not sure how it would fair on asphalt though if the Spen area hit it just right.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I have the Verus High Shield case. No, pen goes in flat like it should.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered the Spigen® [Ultra Hybrid] AIR CUSHION [Crystal Clear]. Should arrive today, along with my Note 5. Can't wait to get this beast in my hands!! I just hope this Spigen case offers some "gripiness" without adding much bulk.
Spigen Ultra Hybrid AIR CUSHION (Crystal Clear).png

I prefer to not have a case at all (since I'm very meticulous with my devices), but after all of the reports of the glass being so slippery, I ordered this Decalrus black snake skin pattern wrap. Hoping it offers more texture to grab on.
Decalrus black snake skin pattern wrap.PNG

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think it was possible to do this to my case but I somehow managed it. I have no idea what I did either. Those gashes are really deep like somebody was slashing my case with a knife. Lol

Attachments

• 1450480844415.jpg
    1450480844415.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 109

anon(9410778)

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Anyone with any of the wallet cases?

well i was writing a quick review of a case but wanted to add the pics afterward. Then it got snagged for review.

Last edited:

anon(9410778)

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
So I usually use a slim tpu case such as the diztronic I got from amazon. But I usually don't have a phone as large as the note either.
So I decided to try out book case by Davis case. Here are some pics. I'm not going to do a review based on one afternoon. I'll just attach the pic of both the diztronic and the book case.

and this case...Amazon.com: Genuine Vintage Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Bible Book Wallet Handmade Retro Luxury Daviscase: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'll say a few first impression notes. It feels really nice and well made. The TPU portion is attached via hot glue to the back so it can’t be removed without substantial effort. It’s not as thick or as substantial as the Diztronic TPU case but it’s not meant to be either. It looks like there may be one possible weak point at the volume buttons.

Now back to the leather. It looks great, smells great, and feels great. Just as it should. The camera cutout in the back is working fine for me in the few quick shots I’ve taken. The heart rate monitor that remains to be unused beneath the flash isn’t obscured either. With all of my cards, it’s a tight fit. I carry 8-9 cards regularly. Feels fine in my pocket, I don’t wear skinny jeans but I’m not near skinny either so my jeans fit me well. The phone becomes slightly less pocketable, but is the note all that pocketable to begin with? S pen is still easily accessible and with no magnets on the cover at all there are no weird dead spot issues. So overall first impression is very good and oh yeah, wireless charging still works fine and I hope S-Pay works as well. NFC file sharing worked fine so I assume that's pretty safe. So what could i do to make myself look a little bit stranger in public? Carry a phone in a case that looks like a bible. But I'll be the guy tapping to pay with nothing but a little faith.

Last edited:

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

I bought this off of Amazon, it's a nice looking case however it has one fatal flaw, it's almost impossible to get the S pen out, I tried many times, many different ways. I finally got it out and tried writing on the screen and it's a horrible experience with their built in screen protector. The S pen does not glide well and gets caught on it plus it scratches up the screen protector.

I am returning it.

I also grabbed the Spigen Slim Armor but I am returning that as well, it is way too slippery. So far my favorite case and my daily driver is the UAG.

I may try the Otterbox Defender.

vaughn71

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the Evutec Karbon SI Series, and I love it. It's been the best case I've found for my Note 5. It was also the 5th one I bough. The only downside is that the audio jack is too small. I had to use a dremel so I could use my Bose ear buds. I got it from Android Central. I'd post a link but I don't yet have enough posts.

vaughn71

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I also have the Samsung Clear View case, UAG-my usual go to case, Seidio DILEX Pro with holster-need holster for work and the Evutec and UAG fit nicely, Spigen clear and Spigen Carbon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174