Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone thinking of getting this one, with spen.
I'm interested in seeing just what the specs are gonna be, what they will give me for my Note 10+ and what freebies will offer if choose to preorder.

Anyone else?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, gonna get 2 of them and keep our note 20 Utras, 1 as a back up and giving the other to our daughter. I'm eyeing the white and my husband the burgundy.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I promised myself that I was going to hold onto my S21 Ultra for at least 2 years. Over the past 3 years I've gotten four thousand dollar phones and only gotten a rebate/cash back on two of them. So yeah it's been an expensive ride. Every reviewer, even though at this point they are all just spec leaks, say that there isn't going to be a significant difference between the 21 and 22 to warrant getting the new one, but I might be addicted. Maybe. I'm just saying there are signs.

From what I've seen of it, I'm not sure if I would be a fan of the squared off corners and deep rounded display edges. If you couldn't tell I've never had a Note series and therefore don't really see the hype on the S-Pen either. I've played with one on my 21 at store and truthfully don't understand the purpose. Well other than a remote for pics. That would probably be the main or only thing I would use it for just because it sucks never being in any of our adventure pics or movies. I'm not sure it that is worth $700 bucks or so.

So yeah I've thought about it, don't think that I am but can't say for 100% that I won't.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I've purchased every Note since the first one, and then the S21 Ultra. The S22 Ultra looks like a fine phone, and I'd surely buy it if I didn't already have an S21 Ultra. So far, though, I don't see much advantage to upgrading, unless the trade-in value (plus bonuses) is close to the purchase price.

Usually, I upgrade primarily for improvements in camera resolution or zoom, and in screen resolution or frequency. It seems the S22 Ultra offers neither, compared to the S21 Ultra. I do like to use the S Pen occasionally, but I prefer a larger stylus kept in my pocket to a smaller one lodged inside the phone, which seems like a terrible waste of scarce space (I mean, why not include a compartment to store our driver's license while we're at it?). The only BT stylus capability I use is the remote-shutter function, which is nice but I have a $5 BT push-button device that does the same thing.

I've pre-registered for the extra $50 discount just in case, but unless there's some surprising good news, I'm unlikely to upgrade this time.

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not wowed by the specs. I don't buy a phone for the camera, and the camera on my S21 Ultra is just fine.

My need to have the latest and greatest is fading fast. I don't notice major performance differences, after upgrading.

Not upgrading will be a first for me.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You might want to watch this video before making a final decision.

https://youtu.be/giHTXYKGt30

Basically, this guy is doing nothing but broadcasting info easy to glean from all the info already available on the net in regard to the phone.

So he has about as much of a mark on my decision whether or not to purchase this phone as any other moron I see on the streets of the nearest city. Or anyone with at least half their brain cavity filled with something other than air.

His major opinions...
All companies TANGLE updates....really, no other company does this? REALLY!

Most people can figure out how much space will be used by higher def video and photos; no need of a college degree in applied physics.

Nothing new and still all rumors about the RAM and storage.

Nothing new about starting out at 128gb most companies do...SD card slot is dead and gone and will never be back....get over it. And on the S21 the upgrade to 256 from 128 was only fifty bucks. Speculation that is the way it will be on the S22U. But still speculation.

Prices are just speculation; however, more speculation for 100 bucks more...what's new?

Guy is really infatuated with RAM, might be time for him to get a job and purchase the phone he wants. Or go purchase a RAM PU truck he can fondle.

A need to look at a battery? DUH! Did he get a degree in sensibility for that statement? Of course someone purchasing a phone like this is going to take in the battery size.

Anyone with a brain can figure out the differences between the three S22 versions. I HOPE! And make their own decision on what they need or in my case, what I want; not necessarily need.

Now he is describing how RAM is used and how RAM is different than memory. DUH! Get that RAM truck dude; you need something to fondle now, not later.

The phone is what the specs say it is with some improvements over the older model. Are the improvements worth it, only an ACTUAL review by someone with a phone in their hands using it is worth anything. Then the user reviews which tell the story of actual real life usage. Some moron running a video to add up his YouTube numbers is just that; some moron.

Happy to say I have never seen any of his videos and can most likely assert, I never will again.

Yes, it is harsh review but tired of morons making BS videos just to run their numbers up to make a dime.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Only if it has expandable storage. I have pictures, music, videos, downloaded movies from my Vudu, etc. My kindle app itself is over 1 gb. Google Photos app is over 1 gb. About once a month I clear data for both. People have complained enough for them to not put it back. They removed it that year when the s6 phones released. People were extremely unhappy. I understand chip shortages due to COVID. But with that price tag, they need not to cost so much with missing features. No one can confirm or deny if they are bringing the expandable storage back. I can only hope Samsung listens to their customers.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I've purchased every Note since the first one, and then the S21 Ultra. The S22 Ultra looks like a fine phone, and I'd surely buy it if I didn't already have an S21 Ultra. So far, though, I don't see much advantage to upgrading, unless the trade-in value (plus bonuses) is close to the purchase price.

Usually, I upgrade primarily for improvements in camera resolution or zoom, and in screen resolution or frequency. It seems the S22 Ultra offers neither, compared to the S21 Ultra. I do like to use the S Pen occasionally, but I prefer a larger stylus kept in my pocket to a smaller one lodged inside the phone, which seems like a terrible waste of scarce space (I mean, why not include a compartment to store our driver's license while we're at it?). The only BT stylus capability I use is the remote-shutter function, which is nice but I have a $5 BT push-button device that does the same thing.

I've pre-registered for the extra $50 discount just in case, but unless there's some surprising good news, I'm unlikely to upgrade this time.

I used to debate on whether I would upgrade each year, but have come to the realization that I'm addicted to the upgrade process. Have upgraded every year since the S7 Edge.

Pre, pre-reserved the S22 Ultra and got the $50 credit. Waiting for February 9th!

Last edited:

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
No one should upgrade at all unless you're coming from a S10. Samsung decreased the battery. Decreased the Ram. While increasing the price.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone thinking of getting this one, with spen.
I'm interested in seeing just what the specs are gonna be, what they will give me for my Note 10+ and what freebies will offer if choose to preorder.

Anyone else?

I have a 512GB Note 9 which I really love and is still performing well.

But I must confess I am really impressed by some of the specs of the S22 Ultra. It's an absolute bonus to get an actual Note device, I don't care what it's called. My Note 9 takes really good pics but of course the S22 Ultra will blow it away with a much bigger image sensor, 10x optical periscope zoom lens, crisp detailed 108 MP images, macro pics with the wide angle lens and the rumoured vastly improved night mode that Samsung is apparently already promoting in teaser videos.

I'm not sure what I'll do, keep my Note 9 or upgrade. A lot will depend on charging speeds. The S22 Ultra is rumoured, but not yet confirmed, to get 45W fast charging. If that's the case, I'll seriously consider it. If it's still the same 25W charger then I'll skip and definately get the S23 Ultra. The bonus there is that early rumours suggest new camera hardware with Samsung's first 200 MP sensor.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I have a 512GB Note 9 which I really love and is still performing well.

But I must confess I am really impressed by some of the specs of the S22 Ultra. It's an absolute bonus to get an actual Note device, I don't care what it's called. My Note 9 takes really good pics but of course the S22 Ultra will blow it away with a much bigger image sensor, 10x optical periscope zoom lens, crisp detailed 108 MP images, macro pics with the wide angle lens and the rumoured vastly improved night mode that Samsung is apparently already promoting in teaser videos.

I'm not sure what I'll do, keep my Note 9 or upgrade. A lot will depend on charging speeds. The S22 Ultra is rumoured, but not yet confirmed, to get 45W fast charging. If that's the case, I'll seriously consider it. If it's still the same 25W charger then I'll skip and definately get the S23 Ultra. The bonus there is that early rumours suggest new camera hardware with Samsung's first 200 MP sensor.

From everything I've read, the 45 watt charging speed for the S22 Ultra is confirmed.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
My Note 9 loses 50 percent charge in two hours. I'm on life support with this phone.

I was all set to get pixel 6 pro back in October, but I didn't like the issues that I saw. Then a week or so after that launch the leaks for the S22 Ultra hit and I thought "I'm willing to fight to make it until early 2022 for that".

I'm getting the S22 Ultra no matter what!

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
My Note 9 loses 50 percent charge in two hours. I'm on life support with this phone.

I was all set to get pixel 6 pro back in October, but I didn't like the issues that I saw. Then a week or so after that launch the leaks for the S22 Ultra hit and I thought "I'm willing to fight to make it until early 2022 for that".

I'm getting the S22 Ultra no matter what!

Love it!!

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You are correct. I have the S21 Ultra and no plans to upgrade.

Same here, of course I said the same thing last year and caved to the S21 Ultra but super glad I did. The S Pen is a detractor for me and just takes up valuable real estate. I have one on my Tab 7 + and never use it. We'll see 😁

Xandorra

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
i might switch from my S10+ to the Ultra.
They only reason im holding back is that my S10+ looks brand new after 2 years and i will pay 35 euro less every month with my telephone company if i stick with this fone.
but on the other hand i love new gadgets 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear