Samsung Galaxy S4 - How can I add a caption to a photo?

MAK85

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there an easy way to add a caption to photos in the stock Gallery app? I know I can add a Photo Note and this will put the text on the "back" of the photo, but I'd like to add a caption on the front side of a photo instead.

Rae Day

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can add notes to the photo front and it works exactly the way the back of photo note works. From Gallery, select your photo then pull up the menu (left key on phone). Choose edit instead of photo note. A new menu will open along the bottom of the photo and on my phone I see the choices "rotate, crop, color, effect" If you swipe the menu to the left, four more choices arrive: "portrait, sticker, drawing, frame." Careful, you may find yourself playing for half an hour with all these things! Anyway, select Drawing then the remaining steps are just like photo note except on the picture front.
When you are finished and hit save, Gallery will automatically save a copy of the original so you have one with the note and one without.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can add notes to the photo front and it works exactly the way the back of photo note works. From Gallery, select your photo then pull up the menu (left key on phone). Choose edit instead of photo note. A new menu will open along the bottom of the photo and on my phone I see the choices "rotate, crop, color, effect" If you swipe the menu to the left, four more choices arrive: "portrait, sticker, drawing, frame." Careful, you may find yourself playing for half an hour with all these things! Anyway, select Drawing then the remaining steps are just like photo note except on the picture front.
When you are finished and hit save, Gallery will automatically save a copy of the original so you have one with the note and one without.

Thanks a lot. I spent $20 for a magazine with 679 hacks and tips, it didn't tell me that.

Hyruga Ong

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
Is there an easy way to add a caption to photos in the stock Gallery app? I know I can add a Photo Note and this will put the text on the "back" of the photo, but I'd like to add a caption on the front side of a photo instead.

Instead of using photo note, you can click on photo frame and this will allow you to edit the photo on the front page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeera