Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

anyone know if you would get a case and charger if you pre-order from att. com and not from bestbuy

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

32gb and 64gb black and white and gold.

128gb later on.

Galaxy s6 edge will not be out for another month or so.

The Edge not being released until a month later really hurts. I'm dying to get rid of my phone and dying to get this phone and I'm already going back and forth between the regular version or the Edge version. Even though it shouldn't play a factor, having to wait an extra month might be enough for me to lean towards getting the non-edge version.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

The Edge not being released until a month later really hurts. I'm dying to get rid of my phone and dying to get this phone and I'm already going back and forth between the regular version or the Edge version. Even though it shouldn't play a factor, having to wait an extra month might be enough for me to lean towards getting the non-edge version.

Having to wait a month will be a deal breaker for me...I sold my S4 last week in anticipation of getting the S6 or Edge when released in April. I went back and reactivated my original Galaxy S (Fascinate) phone running Android 2.?....it is like going back to the dark ages, so I won't be able to wait for the Edge which is what I thought I really wanted. Having VZW UDP means I have to buy a phone outright, so I am stuck unless I want to buy the S6 and "try"it out for month until the Edge comes out and return the original...

Stinks!!!

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Having to wait a month will be a deal breaker for me...I sold my S4 last week in anticipation of getting the S6 or Edge when released in April. I went back and reactivated my original Galaxy S (Fascinate) phone running Android 2.?....it is like going back to the dark ages, so I won't be able to wait for the Edge which is what I thought I really wanted. Having VZW UDP means I have to buy a phone outright, so I am stuck unless I want to buy the S6 and "try"it out for month until the Edge comes out and return the original...

Stinks!!!

I'm on Verizon as well and I'm pretty sure you only have 14 days to return the phone for a $35 restocking fee. My Verizon contract is up April 7th and I plan on switching to the Verizon Edge plan after that since I'm on a family plan and the Edge plan will "save" me $25/month.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site

32gb and 64gb black and white and gold.

128gb later on.

Galaxy s6 edge will not be out for another month or so.

Keep in mind this is BEST BUY. Notice in UK the Edge was launching along-side the regular S6. My guess is carriers will have both models. Perhaps "limited quantities", but it will launch on April 10th. Carriers have to pay Best Buy a pretty penny to sell in their stores, so the more they can sell straight from their own website, the more they will.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Hit a hitch my purchase plans. Even though I have been with AT&T for 20 years, they are telling me, that even though in the past that they have been more than accommodating in moving up my eligibility date, that I have to call back Friday to make the change in their systems. Then, I have two options. Place the pre-order through them or roll the dice and gamble that Best Buy won't reflect the date change. On hold with Best Buy to verify.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Hit a hitch my purchase plans. Even though I have been with AT&T for 20 years, they are telling me, that even though in the past that they have been more than accommodating in moving up my eligibility date, that I have to call back Friday to make the change in their systems. Then, I have two options. Place the pre-order through them or roll the dice and gamble that Best Buy won't reflect the date change. On hold with Best Buy to verify.

I tried to score a G3 over Christmas and the BB employee said they couldn't honor my early upgrade. They told me I had to go through AT&T. Make sure your T's are crossed and I's are dotted.

How often do they let you upgrade?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I tried to score a G3 over Christmas and the BB employee said they couldn't honor my early upgrade. They told me I had to go through AT&T. Make sure your T's are crossed and I's are dotted.

How often do they let you upgrade?

I do the two year contract which is 20 months. Since we have been with them 20 years,they usually move up my eligibility date unless the iPhone is involved. If I have to wait a couple of weeks then no problem.

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Keep in mind this is BEST BUY. Notice in UK the Edge was launching along-side the regular S6. My guess is carriers will have both models. Perhaps "limited quantities", but it will launch on April 10th. Carriers have to pay Best Buy a pretty penny to sell in their stores, so the more they can sell straight from their own website, the more they will.

Major U.S. carriers will not sell Edge at launch.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I do the two year contract which is 20 months. Since we have been with them 20 years,they usually move up my eligibility date unless the iPhone is involved. If I have to wait a couple of weeks then no problem.

I've been with AT&T for a while too. They usually let me upgrade once a year. However, I have jump through hoops to get to customer resolutions. The average customer rep doesn't have a certain screen that approves the early upgrade. So, I usually have to ask to be transferred.

How did your call to BB turn out?

Posted via the Android Central App

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I've never really done a preorder for a phone......soooooo...

Do they charge you upfront for the phone? or do they have you put a down payment for the device?

Sorry for the n00b questions

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

I've never really done a preorder for a phone......soooooo...

Do they charge you upfront for the phone? or do they have you put a down payment for the device?

Sorry for the n00b questions

You just put 50 down

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I've been with AT&T for a while too. They usually let me upgrade once a year. However, I have jump through hoops to get to customer resolutions. The average customer rep doesn't have a certain screen that approves the early upgrade. So, I usually have to ask to be transferred.

How did your call to BB turn out?

After two attempts and being on hold for 40 minutes when automated message says the wait time was 5 to 10 minutes, I gave up.