Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

If someone doesn't preorder, is it likely that there will be a very long wait to buy the S6?

MAXXTX

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

We're Sorry
We couldn't find what you're looking for.

This was what the link said???

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Hoping to go today assuming that there is no hitch in getting my upgrade date moved up by AT&T. Planning on calling them as soon as I get in the car.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

BestBuy prices are higher than the provider stores from what I can see. The "free" charging pad is not free because you are paying a higher price! DUH It's just a gimmick to get you to buy from them. My biggest complaint is that Verizon is only offering black and white! That's garbage! At least ATT and Sprint are offering the platinum version. Not buying anything now unless I can at least see the platinum one on Verizon while I prefer the emerald green...at least I want to see the green one in person. Verizon is about to lose my service because of this latest slight from them. I will let one of the other providers buy out my contract if necessary.

Arthas25

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Any other colors except for White, Black, Gold are off the tables for both devices until late-summer, early fall for those waiting to see. All I can say at this moment!

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

As of this morning, Best Buy is $50 cheaper on an upgrade phone for 64GB versions than at Sprint. Plus BB is including the wireless charging pad, Sprint is not. Gold and 128 GB (no gold) are delayed 3 to 4 weeks at Sprint and not available at BB for pre-order.

So I pre-ordered a black 64GB with free wireless charging for pickup on Apr 10. I wanted the gold but not for essentially $100 more and a 4 week delay. The black looks good. To me the white looks too much like an i device.

Arthas25

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

For those who want all storage sizes at Best Buy, they will all be available to pre-order when the store opens :).

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Stopped in my local Best Buy on the way home this evening, hoping to see a demo unit, but none available yet. They did confirm the dates listed in the original post above. I was hoping the Verizon might start tomorrow with the others, but they still stated it was April 1 for Verizon.

That's a positive. The phone will still be released on the 10th like the other carriers, but we have more time to get to a store and handle it in person, plus more time for reviews to come in before pulling the trigger (or not).

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm on Verizon so can't preorder yet but I did call my local Best Buy and they do have them on display so I'll be stopping by in about an hour to go finally check it out for myself. Can't wait.

That's a positive. The phone will still be released on the 10th like the other carriers, but we have more time to get to a store and handle it in person, plus more time for reviews to come in before pulling the trigger (or not).

Posted via Android Central App

That's true! If I was able to preorder right now I probably would have already. I'm sure Verizon still has their guaranteed number in stock so now I'll know exactly which device I'll want and be able to preorder first thing on April 1st.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wondering why they adding additional $25 extra charge plus $199 for contract 2 years. Currently paying $15 per additional line on shared plan but now if I get new 2 year contract I need pay upfront 199 plus instead of $15 for this line new charge will be $40 per month so that's additional $25 why AT&T why?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Got AT&T to move my upgrade date so that I can pre-order at Best Buy when I get off work at 1pm CST m

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's better deal now without 2 year contract because at the end you will pay less

Are you saying that Next is better? Next only works for those changing phones often. At 20 month with approximately $28 per month, you pay $560 for a device you don't own plus your monthly plan charges. At 24 months, that's $672 plus monthly charges. Doubt the 32GB at full price costs that much.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
OK let's face this way. I am on shared plan and if I upgrade now with two years contract I will be paying upfront $199 + tax + activation fees for new device and on top of that instead paying $15 per month on my line with new contract of two years now I need pay instead $15 new charge is $40. If you not believe go online and check yourself or call AT&T

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So that charge of additional $25 = 24 months total $600 + $199 + activation fee and figure out yourself what is better. Keep in mind I have 4 lines on my account shared plan maybe this is not same on single plan. So either full price pay upfront or next is better unless I missing something. I was in the best buy jus hour ago and after the login to account they just confirmed what I said.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying that Next is better? Next only works for those changing phones often. At 20 month with approximately $28 per month, you pay $560 for a device you don't own plus your monthly plan charges. At 24 months, that's $672 plus monthly charges. Doubt the 32GB at full price costs that much.

I would give example on the iPhone since Galaxy s6 it's not released yet.

Your analysis is fairly good, but it misses a critcal piece of the whole picture.

When a customer upgrades their phone and they are under a Mobile Share plan (the only plans offered to new AT&T customers for the last year, and the plans that many customers switched to starting in early 2014) the customer is going to be paying full price for their talk & text portion of their bill. This means that were a customer is currently paying $15 or $25 (dependign upon their data plan) they will be paying $40 each month, so over the course of a 2 year service contract, the customer will pay up to $600 more in service charges to get the reduced price phone that saves them $450 in purchase price. Yes, AT&T may "lose" money on the sale of the phone, but they more than make it up on the monthly service charges you have to pay for the next 2 years. Each person has to do the math for themselves and their specific plan type, data details, and phone. Customers on a Mobile Share plan with 10GB of data or higher will actually pay $299 (subsidized phone price) + $40 (activation/upgrade fee) + $600 (increased service fee) or $939. The same customer buying their phone with AT&T NEXT will pay $749.99 (full phone cost) + $0 (activation/upgrade fee) + $0 (increased service fee) or $749.99. Both sets of numbers are for your 64 GB iPhone 6, and both sets ignore sales tax because in some markets the custmer must pay the sales tax on the full phone price even if they get it at the contract subsidized price, otherwise you will also pay the sales tax difference on the $450 contract subsized amount you won't be getting on the NEXT agreement). If that same user has les than 10GB data, replace the $600 (increased service fee) with $360 and do your own comparison. If by chance, you happen to have a grandfathered Family Talk plan, then you don't get the out of contract discounts, so you always pay the higher service fees (even if your contract has expired) so that AT&T doesn't really "lose" any money on the deal either.

Yeah, as you can see, AT&T has it "baked" into their prices so that they don't "lose" any money, they get it from you one way or another, so it is always wise to look at all your options and make the decision that makes the most sense for you. When you do look, don't forget to look at all the variables though, as many overlooked the service price difference and later regretted their choice because by the time they realized their error, it was too late to change things and they were left paying more money that they didn't need to.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
as far as I understand if on data share plan: (my plan is 15GB data sharing and unlimited talk/text)
Next: we're paying $15/line + installments (prices difference depends on the storage/# of months we selected); no activation fee
2 years contract: 2 years contract phone price + activation fee of $40 + $40 monthly service charge.

I just pre-ordered the regular S6, 64GB from BB under the AT&T Next, $39.25/mo for 20 months ($785) + $15/month x 20 = $300 service = $1085

2 years contract: 64GB is $300 + $40 x 24 months ($960) + $40 activation = $1300

excluded tax.

Did I miss anything?