samsung galaxy s6 keeps restarting!

Lenny Renet

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, yesterday my phone shutted itself down, this happened before but the last time I had it I could restart the phone by holden power, home and volume down and then back volume down for reboot, but yesterday it didn't work, so I went and googled this problem, I saw that a lott of people have got this very frustrating problem, but mine is different!
So when I hold the powerkey it says galaxy s6 (first time I did it, it said the samsung logo and the number board for my pincode but that only lasted for like 2sec then it freezed AGAIN and AGAIN) So I tried [power,home and volume up] and [power and volume up] and [power and volume down] and ........
But now it says galaxy s6 and then I have a blue screen with the android logo on it (this is the page that comes up when I hold [power and volume up] where you can reboot, reset... (this still works but I tried to clear the cache, didn't work I tried to reboot it after, didn't work and then I tried a factory reset and guess what! IT DID NOT WORK!
I am so frustrated at the moment!
I really don't like to get it fixed because I need my phone and I don't got another one!
I will let it fixed when I really really know that I can't fix this!
So I got a samsung galaxy s6, I bought it in belgium, where I live!
My carrier is Proximus, I don't know if you guys know thus carrier but every little help is very much appreciated!
If you need more information, just ask
(Sorry for my bad grammar)

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Try to boot in safe mode, shut it down, if possible, if not you need to have a very good timing to press volume down just when it begins to boot, for your information the correct way is to shut it down and press and hold volume down and power button until you see the Samsung logo then release the Power button while keep pressing Volume down until you see some message on screen saying that it's on safe mode.

Lenny Renet

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Try to boot in safe mode, shut it down, if possible, if not you need to have a very good timing to press volume down just when it begins to boot, for your information the correct way is to shut it down and press and hold volume down and power button until you see the Samsung logo then release the Power button while keep pressing Volume down until you see some message on screen saying that it's on safe mode.

Eraset, I tried this but it doesn't work because after when it says "galaxy s6" the android logo on the bright blue background shows up, then it restarts all over again :(
Yesterday it worked to go to safe mode, it worked for like a minute and then it started restarting the system over and over again..
By the way, I can't go after the samsung logo, if you know what I mean

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Eraset, I tried this but it doesn't work because after when it says "galaxy s6" the android logo on the bright blue background shows up, then it restarts all over again :(
Yesterday it worked to go to safe mode, it worked for like a minute and then it started restarting the system over and over again..
By the way, I can't go after the samsung logo, if you know what I mean

Do you have USB Debugging enabled? If yes, then connect your phone to the PC and look and download ADB tools, this is one of the looks that might help you, How to install ADB tools on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer | 9to5Google. If you have USB Debugging already on in your phone settings, you can always use ADB commands to boot your phone into recovery mode or fastboot mode. If you didn't have USB debugging, then I don't think you have too many options here other than keep trying to boot in safe mode like I showed you, or try to boot into recovery mode and try to wipe cache partition or even do a Factory reset.

If nothing works, then you should try to boot into download mode and download Odin and your phone Original Firmware version and flash it with Odin, if you are lucky it won't erase your data, in worst case scenario, your phone will boot as Factory reset. Anyways, try to at least do a full backup with Samsung Smart switch for PC, look for it in Google, it may be allow you to do that and save you from losing your data.

Lenny Renet

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Do you have USB Debugging enabled? If yes, then connect your phone to the PC and look and download ADB tools, this is one of the looks that might help you, If you have USB Debugging already on in your phone settings, you can always use ADB commands to boot your phone into recovery mode or fastboot mode. If you didn't have USB debugging, then I don't think you have too many options here other than keep trying to boot in safe mode like I showed you, or try to boot into recovery mode and try to wipe cache partition or even do a Factory reset.

If nothing works, then you should try to boot into download mode and download Odin and your phone Original Firmware version and flash it with Odin, if you are lucky it won't erase your data, in worst case scenario, your phone will boot as Factory reset. Anyways, try to at least do a full backup with Samsung Smart switch for PC, look for it in Google, it may be allow you to do that and save you from losing your data.

I actually really don't know if USB debugging is enabled, is this like a setting on my s6?
I will give it a try first thing in the morning!
I will let you know if it worked or not!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I actually really don't know if USB debugging is enabled, is this like a setting on my s6?
I will give it a try first thing in the morning!
I will let you know if it worked or not!

It you don't know that, then it's most likely that you don't have it enabled, there is something you must activate first, Developer Options, and then in there you turn USB debugging on , so as you can see, if you had done this, you'd remember.

Anyways, give it a try and see if you have luck.

Lenny Renet

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
It you don't know that, then it's most likely that you don't have it enabled, there is something you must activate first, Developer Options, and then in there you turn USB debugging on , so as you can see, if you had done this, you'd remember.

Anyways, give it a try and see if you have luck.
I can't do this because my phone must be turned on to connect to the computer
when I'm in android system recovery, by holding [power key and volume down]
at the bottem it says: ''dm-verity verification failed. . .
I already tried *wipe cache partition* , *Power down* and *wipe data/factory reset*
they all didn't work :(
is there a way I can fix this otherwise I will try install Odin

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't do this because my phone must be turned on to connect to the computer
when I'm in android system recovery, by holding [power key and volume down]
at the bottem it says: ''dm-verity verification failed. . .
I already tried *wipe cache partition* , *Power down* and *wipe data/factory reset*
they all didn't work :(
is there a way I can fix this otherwise I will try install Odin

Your only option now is Odin.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
He is right, this is your last bet before sending it back to be fixed/replaced.

Everything you need is found Here at the bottom where it says Reflash using Odin.

Posted via the Android Central App

Great and very detailed writing there man, thanks for that, it surely will help a lot of AC users.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man. I know how frustrating it can be to be going from Web site to Web site trying to figure things out. It's nice to have everything, all in one place, and clearly laid out.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Flashing my s6 with odin went well, but my phone still just keeps restarting over and over again :(
I'll let get my phone fixed or replaced!
Thank you all for helping me!

If you flashed another version and Factory reset it, go to Recovery mode and do a Wipe data/factory reset, and you still have the same issue them you have a hardware problem, get a replacement.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue for sure unfortunately. Hopefully you will be one of the few that has a speedy experience with Samsung repair/replacement.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you flashed another version and Factory reset it, go to Recovery mode and do a Wipe data/factory reset, and you still have the same issue them you have a hardware problem, get a replacement.

Wouldn't the warranty be invalidated?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully after October the magnetic strips will give way to the chip token. I see many merchants have the machine but have not yet activated the chip reader where you insert the card. I use my google card. Have not activated tap and pay on my active. Used to love using tap and go.

Posted via my S6 Active!

Akram Alhinnawi

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I've read this post a while ago, and I tried everything you said, but non of them worked. I have Samsung Galaxy S6, Gold, 128GB. Not edge. So, I read a lot of articles on the net and youtube. But my cell phone kept restarting from time to time and no warnings, sometimes it's just turn itself off without any warning. Most of the time I keep it on my desk where I work and suddenly it's making the song of rebooting or sometimes I find it just turned off, it could be deep sleep I never knew which of which. I tried every single solution to solve this, made back up, Restore factory defaults and it kept doing it.Probably you would say, uninstall apps that are causing the problems then I say, I have non. I only use What'sUp, imo, Tango. I don't have any other apps. It's just brand new bought from Verizon and it has of course Verizon apps and google, Samsung apps. I tried everything in the youtube, google but for vain. One day I was tampering with the settings and I found one of the settings with a weird message. I changed it then it is working 100% like a machine guys. Here is the settings and the warning message:
Go to Settings => Display and wallpaper => Screen mode => the default selection would be: Adaptive display.
When I reached this one, I read the following warning message:
"Optimize the color range, saturation, and sharpness of your display automatically. This mode may not be compatible with third-party apps."
This message draw my attention and I told myself, let's try this.
You can choose any other of the settings and non of them will show a warning message, so, I selected "AMOLED photo", I liked its colors more than cinama or basic, and voila...
I changed this settings since August 17, 2015 and I'm writing this on August 27, and never had even one restart or self turn off. it's now solid like a rock and working like a machine, very stable.. never better.
Please guys try this solution and spread the word if you find it useful.
Thanks a lot

nazmihamdan

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I have found a temporary solution for this.

My new S6 keep restarting itself every minute.

The solution:

-Play a song on spotify on the phone
-Turn on your laptop. Play that song on your pc.
-Audio on samsung should stop.
-Phone should stop rebooting itself if you don't close spotify app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana