Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge APPS to SD Card

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: APPS to SD Card

That's an Android thing I believe, not a samsung thing. Think it was around 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

That's an Android thing I believe, not a samsung thing. Think it was around 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

Well, SD card stuff has changed a LOT since ICS.

I believe I have seen people post screenshots of the S7 letting them move apps to the SD card. They will not install directly to the SD card, but after the fact some can be moved.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

We've been able to move apps in Android for a while. That's not really anything special. I wish they had just given us an option for more space because not all apps can be moved or only a portion of it can be.

kpreachers

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I've been able to do that on my S5 for a year now. I just hope the fix the issue that if the app updates, it stays on the card and doesn't have to be moved back from the device to the SD card. I would be happy if that was the case.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I've been able to do that on my S5 for a year now. I just hope the fix the issue that if the app updates, it stays on the card and doesn't have to be moved back from the device to the SD card. I would be happy if that was the case.
On your S5 it was a Samsung built feature (since Google didn't support SD cards in lollipop). On the S7 it's most likely Google that built it and not Samsung.

Hopefully that means it has fewer bugs.

pearly86

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

The updates are the problem. I've been putting apps on my sd card for years (still have my galaxy s4), but when the apps update, they move back to the device storage. I then move them back to sd.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Read an article on play newsstand that samsung IS letting users install all apps to the sd card. If you remove the card, the icons for the apps on the phone will become greyed out till the card is inserted again. You can also remove and insert the sd card without turning off the phone as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

If that's true, then I'll be satisfied. I mean I got the phone anyway, but that was the only thing I didn't like about it. I just think the VR stuff will take up a lot of space

Kelt67

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site

I've not been able to move ANY VR apps to the SD card on the S7 but other apps move just fine. I've emailed Samsung about it this morning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC