Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Bestbuy Pre-order Status (Post Here)

slayerpsp

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I am curious for those of you who had issues with the Pre-activation, how long did it take for them to correct this issue? My phone came in yesterday but they are not able to release it to me due to that particular issue than it said I had to call and all that BS. So I did that, but still nothing, just wondering how long will it actually take. It sucks to have the phone sitting less than two miles from here, and I can't even pick up the darn thing LOL

They fixed my problem over the phone took 20 minutes got my silver edge today. Make them call your carrier that's what they did for me. No vr or memory card yet though still has not shipped

nunyabiziz

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone but VR and SD supposed to be next week for some reason.

Which carrier is your phone for? This big circus act of a pre-ordered that Best Buy promoted is terrible. My VR and SD will be delivered tomorrow. My pre-ordered was a s7 edge with AT&T and with no eta. It would have made sense if they would have sent you my VR and SD.

Posted via the Android Central App

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
UGh . I am still waiting on my preorder. Its pick up at the store. Mine still says in process. Hopefully my store is just waiting till friday.

I'm in the same boat as you for my Silver AT&T Edge. An employee said they expect all pre order shipments to come Friday, the ones that went out early were a small early shipment and if we weren't lucky enough to be part of that then we must wait until Friday. This was a low level employee so take it for what you will, but I'm hoping its true and it makes sense to some extent.

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Which carrier is your phone for? This big circus act of a pre-ordered that Best Buy promoted is terrible. My VR and SD will be delivered tomorrow. My pre-ordered was a s7 edge with AT&T and with no eta. It would have made sense if they would have sent you my VR and SD.

Posted via the Android Central App

I am also ATT with a silver S7 Edge. I am in Las Vegas and ordered at 7am on 2/23 if that matters.

SROJR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see I am not the only one still waiting. In store pick up AT&T Edge onyx. Fearful of getting the april 5th letter. Oh well it's still not officially released yet. I still have hopes to pick it up Friday.

MCC1987

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bestbuy Pre-order Status (Post Here)

I preordered my S7 Edge from Best Buy and received it yesterday March 8. I was surprised as well because, like you said, Best Buy doesn't normally ship products early.

jeffreynew23

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Picked mine up on Monday at the Best Buy in College Park Maryland. They had the hardest time dealing with AT&T to complete the sail. Apparantly AT&T doesn't allow their reps to talk to Best Buy reps over the phone and they have to "chat" im each other. Anyway, after a couple of hours I walked away with my titanium silver s7 edge, vr and sd card. They had boxes of the carriers except T-Mobile and the phones in them behind the register.

decarlo4

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

Picked mine up on Monday at the Best Buy in College Park Maryland. They had the hardest time dealing with AT&T to complete the sail. Apparantly AT&T doesn't allow their reps to talk to Best Buy reps over the phone and they have to "chat" im each other. Anyway, after a couple of hours I walked away with my titanium silver s7 edge, vr and sd card. They had boxes of the carriers except T-Mobile and the phones in them behind the register.
This was my exact experience at the Chicagoland best buy I picked my titanium s7 edge on AT&T. It took a couple hours before they were able to get the sale and activation to go through...after help from the in store AT&T rep, several other employees and AT&T support over the phone and IM. For my inconvenience they comped me a couple of accessories.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone who has had their home delivery delayed tried or thought of cancelling home delivery and switching to in-store pickup?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I chatted with two Best Buy reps yesterday just to be sure but they both said I was getting the phone today. I get a UPS shipment in and its the vr. So I chat with them again and now they are saying they don't have a clue when it will ship, I can't cancel the order and I can't pick up the phone in store. WTF. I spend a LOT of money at Best Buy and they don't know what the hell is going on. I am only at the office today to get my phone so I'm pissed. :mad:

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone who has had their home delivery delayed tried or thought of cancelling home delivery and switching to in-store pickup?

They told me that once any of the items are being prepared for shipping you can't make changes or switch to in-store pickup.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

They told me that once any of the items are being prepared for shipping you can't make changes or switch to in-store pickup.

I have delivery of the VR headset. The SD card is supposed to be delivered by tomorrow afternoon. I called Best Buy and was told that if I return the headset and SD card to my local store that I could cancel my order. I am tempted to due so and taking my chances on either getting an S7 Edge in a store near me or just getting something else. I need a new phone, doesn't necessarily have to be the S7.

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm here to post my first Best Buy preorder experience. Maybe I can help someone else. I'm currently using an iPhone 5 on its last legs.

I preordered a Silver AT&T S7 Edge on 2/23 at 9am when the preorders opened. Best Buy pre-authorized my card and the money was put back within a few days. So this past weekend, Best Buy attempted to take the money out for real. My bank thought it was fraud (even though I had the funds) so I had to resolve that on the bank's end before attempting to pay Best Buy. It took until Tuesday to get that cleared up. The Best Buy CS lady clearly told me that if my card was rejected again, my order would cancel and I wouldn't be able to get my preorder bonus.... So Tuesday I called customer service, charge it to the same card, and wait anxiously.

My VR and SD card shipped Wednesday via UPS Ground. My phone went SLOWLY from "Order Received" to "Preparing" to "Awaiting UPS Pickup".

I had been afraid that because of the delay with my bank, I missed out on the first batch of preorder shipments. I figured I would receive the extras tomorrow but wouldn't see my phone until next week. I thought that Best Buy had taken the S7 that I ordered on 2/23 with MY NAME on it and given it to someone whose card authorized faster..

I was wrong!!! I got a text/email from Best Buy saying that my phone has finally shipped. Apparently, my phone was set aside somewhere awaiting payment and then UPS pickup!! I'm totally satisfied at this point.

Although I would have gotten my phone days ago if I didn't have to go through CS and my bank, Best Buy did not push me to the end of the list!!

Moral of the story: Don't give up hope. Call Best Buy Customer Service to see what's up BEFORE your order gets cancelled. My Silver AT&T S7 Edge, Gear VR and SD card will all arrive tomorrow, 3/11. No earlier or later than the original release date. Yes!! :D

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

My S7 (ATT) is On Vehicle for Delivery Today :)

I ordered the unactivated device with the full price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid