Samsung Galaxy S8+

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok so fiasco with a new phone that didn't work out. We had to go back to a galaxy s8+.
Got a new Sim card, however numbers aren't in the phone as they were as some were stored on SIM and some were not. How can we get the ones that were saved to the phone it's self? Smart Switch isn't working.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the contacts were saved to the previous phone's device account, and you didn't back it up anywhere, then they're gone. This is why it's a good idea to save your contacts to your Google account (so that they're automatically synced to your Google Contacts in the cloud, and available anywhere you log into your Google account) or your Samsung account (which gets backed up to Samsung or OneDrive, and can restore easily to a new phone).

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Nope, just the 3 I added back. He had been saving them to the phone but could have sworn he was asked about saving them to the SIM or SD card. I can't find where to even look on the SD card. Sim card has some of his contacts but he lost a ton.

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Well now I've scolded him like a kid. I've set the backup for Samsung cloud and Google. Little too late but what else can you do. Probably numbers he hasn't used in years.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Contacts app, look in the settings menu and see if there's an option to Import Contacts from SIM. If so, tap it and see if it comes up with anything.