Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 & 2015 Tundra In Dash Mount

dano92580

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
So I bought the Tab A 10.1 (2016) that came out earlier this year. It was ultimately between that and the Asus Zenpad 8.0 & Google Nexus 9. I went with the Tab A because it was only $210 vs. $280 for the Zenpad, and the larger screen. I love this tablet in every way! It has a large, horizontally oriented screen which makes it easy to use for in car use. And it has no problems keeping up with tasks.

My next dilemma is trying to mount it into my 2015 Tundra. I have the center trim and stereo removed and the tablet fits right in between the trim piece. However, I don't want to mount it behind the dash, as the heat in the summer will ruin the battery on the tablet, in my opinion. I am going to use fiberglass fibers and resin to build one that is connected to the dash, but that will allow the tablet to be removed from the car. So what I need input on is the following:

1) Do I have it open to the top or to the side (slide down or sideways into the mount)?

2) How will each work with a permanently placed charging cord at the bottom or side (depending on the orientation I choose based off the commnets)?

If you need an image, just think of the back being completely covered by the cover, but the front only having three sides. The fourth side is where it will slide in from.

Any ideas, comments, or help is appreciated! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ILTAFGICHKI