Samsung Gear S arrival in Saint Louis Metro area now

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Just back from AT&T store in Raleigh, NC. Store associate said he doubt they would have them for sale on Friday. Said no one had spoken to any of them about release date being Friday. I give up. Gonna spend the planned money on a new iPad
Why don't you just call the store and see if they have them Friday? Reps aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer from what I can tell (no offense) and sometimes don't have as much knowledge. You could always order online for in store pickup.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

ougum1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Just figured only a couple days out, store associates would at least trained on what they would need to know Friday morning in order to sell these watches.

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Just called a Verizon Smart Store here in PHX and asked if they would have any in on Friday. The rep advised me they wouldn't have any in, but they could put in an order to have it overnighted to me...

Posted via the Android Central App

d_godha

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I got it from an att store yesterday. Used it all day today it is very nice. I am not sure if I can post pictures. Got it from att store in Seattle area

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Fairview Heights is her store lol, she told me the Rep stated the watches are not carrier specific. I'm trying to get information on colors now.

So will you be getting one from the Fairview Heights store Dante? I have to go to STL tomorrow so if one store is out I'll try another.

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
So will you be getting one from the Fairview Heights store Dante? I have to go to STL tomorrow so if one store is out I'll try another.

Yes most definitely, I'm just not sure from where until I have confirmation the AT&T version will be compatible with t-mobile's network. Though the Rep told my fiance they aren't carrier specific I'm still a little nervous she may be incorrect. My fiance said she'd sit one aside for me as she's definitely getting one tomorrow herself. If I have doubt I'll head to BestBuy and see if they are carrier specific in the morning, it's release day, someone will have answers. She just got rid of her G3 and bought the Note 4 for the Gear S lol. I'm gonna hang on to my Note 3 another year unless the Gear VR has some killer aps.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes most definitely, I'm just not sure from where until I have confirmation the AT&T version will be compatible with t-mobile's network. Though the Rep told my fiance they aren't carrier specific I'm still a little nervous she may be incorrect. My fiance said she'd sit one aside for me as she's definitely getting one tomorrow herself. If I have doubt I'll head to BestBuy and see if they are carrier specific in the morning, it's release day, someone will have answers. She just got rid of her G3 and bought the Note 4 for the Gear S lol. I'm gonna hang on to my Note 3 another year unless the Gear VR has some killer aps.

Oh ok. Since they have sim cards I would assume they are carrier specific. I too will be at BB tomorrow later in the day to pick mine up. Maybe I'll see you there? Although I admit from your avatar I'd be pretty frightened if I saw you walking around lol.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok. Since they have sim cards I would assume they are carrier specific. I too will be at BB tomorrow later in the day to pick mine up. Maybe I'll see you there? Although I admit from your avatar I'd be pretty frightened if I saw you walking around lol.

Do you have a preorder? Are you sure that best buy will have them in stock tomorrow? My best buy samsung reps were clueless (as usual) when I called them on Tuesday.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a preorder? Are you sure that best buy will have them in stock tomorrow? My best buy samsung reps were clueless (as usual) when I called them on Tuesday.
When I called AT&T they said there would be no pre orders so I'm guessing BB is the same. It's not on their website yet. I will call them when they open today to see what they say. They are also clueless. The Samsung guy said that they didn't have a release date yet when I went in there last week. Clueless...

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
When I called AT&T they said there would be no pre orders so I'm guessing BB is the same. It's not on their website yet. I will call them when they open today to see what they say. They are also clueless. The Samsung guy said that they didn't have a release date yet when I went in there last week. Clueless...

I spoke with two Samsung reps in best buy last night, they both told me the 16th for the Gear S launch!!! Really??? Haha

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I spoke with two Samsung reps in best buy last night, they both told me the 16th for the Gear S launch!!! Really??? Haha
Lol!!! My point exactly haha just like them saying the Verizon Note 4 would be available the same time as the rest or them...NOT!!

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

LoL I can assure you I'm not scary but have been called intimidating. I had been lurking here for awhile and when I decided to make an account i linked it via Facebook and the avatar is my current profile pic.

In my experience the folks at the Samsung Experience store in BestBuy are just as clueless as the carriers. It's either bad information being put out or none at all. Samsung definitely needs to re-think their launches because this is meh! It's a shame because I absolutely love their products. Guess I need to list my Gear 2 for sale now.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
LoL I can assure you I'm not scary but have been called intimidating. I had been lurking here for awhile and when I decided to make an account i linked it via Facebook and the avatar is my current profile pic.

In my experience the folks at the Samsung Experience store in BestBuy are just as clueless as the carriers. It's either bad information being put out or none at all. Samsung definitely needs to re-think their launches because this is meh! It's a shame because I absolutely love their products. Guess I need to list my Gear 2 for sale now.

Alright well maybe you'll see me there! I am calling at approximately 10:05 today to see what type of information they have today.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
No I don't think so

The corporate store I spoke with said any employee selling the watch before the "official" launch day would be fired. Yikes!! He also said corp would later pull sku computer records or something and verify no stores have sold them. What store was it that sold to you? Maybe a promo store?