Samsung Gear S arrival in Saint Louis Metro area now

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just called my local BB and the Samsung rep was clueless again. He said that he was told that the S will be available on the same day as the Edge (the 14th). It makes you wonder what qualifications it takes to get a job at a BB or a carrier Corp store. They never have a clue.

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Just called my local BB and the Samsung rep was clueless again. He said that he was told that the S will be available on the same day as the Edge (the 14th). It makes you wonder what qualifications it takes to get a job at a BB or a carrier Corp store. They never have a clue.

Ridiculous, though the Rep my fiance talked to was higher up on the food chain I'm still nervous. I know where I can get one tomorrow but it's At&T I'm on T-Mobile. If the reps right and it's not carrier specific I'll be fine, if not I'll just have to return it and order online. The bands on T-Mobile and At&T are the same. 850/1900 Mhz

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Soooo BB claims they aren't pulling anything up in their system for the Gear S??? What nonsense. If they don't have it tomorrow I'll go to AT&T.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Just for grins and giggles, I just walked into a Sprint store and said "are you going to have a Gear S on display tomorrow", she replied "what", I said "the Samsung Gear S Smartwatch", she said "we have not received any word, sorry not sure". Best launch ever! I still know where there are at least 2 for sale, and that's at an ATT store...so I might be there on at open tomorrow morning. I could wait a bit more, but why, haha.

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Just for grins and giggles, I just walked into a Sprint store and said "are you going to have a Gear S on display tomorrow", she replied "what", I said "the Samsung Gear S Smartwatch", she said "we have not received any word, sorry not sure". Best launch ever! I still know where there are at least 2 for sale, and that's at an ATT store...so I might be there on at open tomorrow morning. I could wait a bit more, but why, haha.

Indeed, horrible promotion and launch. They need to revamp their entire system. It shouldn't be this difficult simply obtaining product information. Nobody knowing anything a day before launch in unacceptable and bad business. I wonder what the hell they are thinking.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I know one store that assured me they will have it here in Austin. However calling them today to reconfirm is like sitting Austin traffic. Get no where. Damn people never answer. Just will show up tomorrow and take my chance.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Report back to talk within an hour or so. My store confirmed they had two but said come grab one today

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Went by AT&T. They had one on display, and will be on sale tomorrow for $299. I believe if you sign a 2 Year on the Gear S, it will be $199. I think they will be having a promotion with the Note 4 as well to get $100 off the Gear S, but I am sure you will need a plan, not sure.
Anyway, keep in mind you have a $35 or $30 (10%) restocking fee for returns and only have 14 days. After 14 days, no returns it looks like.
If you use Discover Card, then they offer Return Protection for up to 90 days, and Extended Warranty for the second year.
I plan on waiting for Best Buy so I can use a Movers Coupon for 10% off and have 45 Day Returns with no restocking fee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter