Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So VZW has released Nougat 7 on the Moto Z and Moto Z Force. How long do y'all think it'll take for the rest of us? I'm thinkin' March.
A while, I hope. I used a Nexus 6P before this S7E and the forums are full of threads about the terrible battery life on Nougat compared to MM. I stayed on MM because of it. That's a lesson I learned owning a Google phone. Yeah, you get all the updates first, but a lot of the time, you're just beta testing for Google. Not really what I signed up for!

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
A while, I hope. I used a Nexus 6P before this S7E and the forums are full of threads about the terrible battery life on Nougat compared to MM. I stayed on MM because of it. That's a lesson I learned owning a Google phone. Yeah, you get all the updates first, but a lot of the time, you're just beta testing for Google. Not really what I signed up for!
I take your point, but I think Nougat is Soak Testing NOW and in 3,4,5 months the "official" release will be out with those issues fixed.... hope, hope, hope.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Sportster

jonty12

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering the same about replacement backlog.

I know Samsung is charging $225 to replace a screen; anyone know the going rate at private shops?

mysamsung7

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone...just got the s7e this past Sunday at Costco. Love this phone. Got the promotion so that helped. Im not using a glass screen protector because the one i tried was horrible. Just putting the phone in a leather pouch when in my purse. Plus have a good case.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering the same about replacement backlog.

I know Samsung is charging $225 to replace a screen; anyone know the going rate at private shops?
They charge MORE ($100 or so) because they know they're more convenient, fast, next day. But the convenience only kicks in if they have YOUR screen in stock. If they DON'T have it in stock, go with the Samsung.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

jonty12

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
They charge MORE ($100 or so) because they know they're more convenient, fast, next day. But the convenience only kicks in if they have YOUR screen in stock. If they DON'T have it in stock, go with the Samsung.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

I'm lucky enough to live near two Samsung service centers. Went to one, and got it done while waiting. The deal is $225 to fix the screen, or $280 to fix two or more problems. I got the front and back fixed as well as the camera lens (all cracked).

Funny thing is they said it would take 2-3 hours. They knew I was waiting for it. After three hours I asked the status. They checked, and it was ready. I got in the car an noticed they had left a message two hours earlier telling me it was ready. On the phone. That was being fixed. They didn't tell me even though I was sitting right there. For two hours.

Positive note, the phone is like new again.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone...just got the s7e this past Sunday at Costco. Love this phone. Got the promotion so that helped. Im not using a glass screen protector because the one i tried was horrible. Just putting the phone in a leather pouch when in my purse. Plus have a good case.

I was thinking about getting the s7e. What phone did you have before getting the s7e?

I had a Pixel XL for a while on Project Fi, but the data costs too much for me. Sold it and I'm back on my old iPhone 6s Plus on Big Red. I had a s6e for a while ... that was my last Samsung. I did like that phone, although the battery wasn't great. Gave it to my Mom she likes it.

The promotion you mentioned -- is that the $400 Costco card?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Use Samsung's Backup feature that Verizon is hiding from you.

If you would like to use Samsung's Backup/Restore instead of Verizon Cloud, you can do so by downloading QuickShortcutMaker and access the Personal Data Management activity. Create the shortcut and then add it to the Task Edge Panel so you can delete the shortcut off your homescreen.

Last edited: