Samsung J5 connecting to pc

SunGlassesRon

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi
I have a Samsung J5 until recently it was running Oreo 8.1 and connecting to my pc for file transfer was not a problem.
Recently I had a software update to android 9 and this is where the problem starts now when I connect to my pc no matter what I try my phone will not show up. I googled it and everything I can find I have tried (usb debugging) seems to be the way everyone points to tried that still no good.My Pc is running Windows 7 home premium I only ever connect my phone to my pc for transferring music file and the odd video file.

Thanks in advance for your help

SunGlassesRon

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
@mustang7757
I have tried two different cables both same result. Unfortunately I only have access to one pc.
@Javier P
Tried that as well mate this whole thing has me beat up till the update to Android 9 it worked perfectly nothing has been changed on pc. One other thing not sure if it’s related but after the update things like notification tones had all reverted to standard ones that are on the phone instead of the ones I had added to the phone. TBH I am a heart beat away from drop kicking the phone out the window.
If I thought there was a way to revert back oreo 8.1 I would do it.
Cheers

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe try restarting computer and phone?
Also it's Samsung smart switch not kies. If computer doesn't recognize your device you won't be able to flash any firmware if you try to downgrade to 8.0 Oreo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana