Samsung kids mode disabled my notification bar, how can I get my notification bar working again?

A

AC Question

Samsung kids mode disabled my notification bar

Hey, just got my self a Samsung Tab 4, 10.1. All was fine out of the box, notification bar worked perfectly. Then i installed kids mode and the notification bar won't pull down. Did a reboot still nothing. Did a factory reset, all good, installed kids mode, back where i started.

Any suggestions or other with identical issues?

TravH

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung kids mode disabled my notification bar

Exact same issue twice here. I also lost my recent apps button and the right toolbar. I've found no help so good luck with that, but you aren't the only one having this problem. Thanks for pointing out Kids Mode was causing the problem, this was a big help to me. I did a factory reset and will avoid kids mode. Sorry this doesn't help you, but thanks for helping me. Good luck to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

CarrieSjay

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hmm. Lately my tablet has only been used by my kids in kids mode. The notification bar not working is a new development.
After reading the OP, I cleared the cache and data of kids mode and restarted my tablet. I was able to pull down the bar once then it quit working. I'm hesitant to do a factory reset but I may have to.

I hope there is a fix for this.

Edit: I did a factory reset and everything went back to oral. My kids play ABC Mouse on my tablet and without kids mode they always end up leaving the app by inadvertently hitting the back button and then opening up all kinds of things they don't need to be in.

Last edited:

tubaboy26

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my tab 4 7.0 really pissed right now since I got this for my 4y/o to use and really need kids mode

Katherine Bell

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I think I found a solution.

(Tab 4)

I have found a solution for my disabled notification bar drop down and for the menu key (window manager, whatever you want to call it.)

BACK STORY: About a month ago, I downloaded the Kids Mode and then after my daughter used it for a day I decided not to keep it. After thinking that I closed it and then uninstalled it, I found that the notification drop down and the menu key (button next to HOME button) weren't functioning. INCREDIBLY frustrating! After scouring forums for a couple hours, I gave up.

SOLUTION:A month later (today,) after, again, scouring forums for updates and finding none, I decided to reinstall the KIDS MODE app. Crazy, I know. I accepted the terms, setup the parent pin and an alternative pin, filled out my daughters info and then tapped the little-rock-with-door button to CLOSE KIDS MODE, entered my pin and voila! It closed. I then was able to use the notification drop down and the menu key. I uninstalled KIDS MODE and vow to never reinstall. I REALLY hope this helps.

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung kids mode disabled my notification bar

Isn't that the meaning of kids mode? For the kids to just not use the drop down menu?

Jigabee32

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
@ Katherine Bell....Thank you Thank you Thank you..... I followed your guidelines to a T (down to "vowing to never use kids mode again") and it worked!!!!! THAT WAS ABOUT TO SEND ME TO THE FUNNY FARM....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza