News Samsung made a Pixel so you don't have to buy one

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Pixel features except on a phone that's actually good is a major plus. And if the camera is as good as I've seen some early reviews say, it makes you wonder why the Pixel needs to exist...

We'll have to see what happens with the 2025 thing... LLM queries are only going to get cheaper, and Samsung has historically been pretty responsive to user pushback. For good and bad.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
To me the Pixel exists as a medium for Google to experiment with Android and new features! Those who buy and use them are basically the unpaid testers. I'm not saying that Pixels are bad per-se but nobody can deny they've had more hardware issues than many other OEM's. But did anyone think that the so-called exclusive features on the Pixels would never come to the other big Android players? It's just a matter of time until all of them get some iteration of the same features that Pixels get first. I say let the Pixels do the experimenting for me!

Michele Beccalossi

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
Pixel features except on a phone that's actually good is a major plus. And if the camera is as good as I've seen some early reviews say, it makes you wonder why the Pixel needs to exist...

We'll have to see what happens with the 2025 thing... LLM queries are only going to get cheaper, and Samsung has historically been pretty responsive to user pushback. For good and bad.
God I love this insane hot takes.
Let me guess, never seen a Pixel in person, let alone use one.
I wonder how a bloatfest, closed down phone like anything Samsung makes is better than a Pixel, mind sharing your thoughts (if you're capable of critical thinking of course)? Is that because the Pixel doesn't overlay a picture from Google images when you snap a photo of the moon? Or is that because you don't burn a fuse inside the CPU that disables half the features forever if you try getting away from the bloatware?

Last edited:

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
My 4-year-old is still gonna be a blurry mess with the S24. (according to what I've read from people who've got hands-on time)

Last edited:

Michele Beccalossi

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
To me the Pixel exists as a medium for Google to experiment with Android and new features! Those who buy and use them are basically the unpaid testers. I'm not saying that Pixels are bad per-se but nobody can deny they've had more hardware issues than many other OEM's. But did anyone think that the so-called exclusive features on the Pixels would never come to the other big Android players? It's just a matter of time until all of them get some iteration of the same features that Pixels get first. I say let the Pixels do the experimenting for me!
Glad your imaginary world looks like that, but for people who actually value first hand experience and not journalism like tech news site do Pixels are a marvel of vertical integration no other OEM outside of Apple can achieve, and is only getting better the less Google relies on bad partners such as Samsung and moves chip engineering in-house.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
God I love this insane hot takes.
Let me guess, never seen a Pixel in person, let alone use one.
I wonder how a bloatfest, closed down phone like anything Samsung makes is better than a Pixel, mind sharing your thoughts (if you're capable of critical thinking of course). Is that because the Pixel doesn't overlay a picture from Google images when you snap a photo of the moon?
I'm actually holding a pixel in my hand right at this moment. Unlike some people, I am actually willing to try things out before making snap judgements about them lol. Just try and be sure You don't lose your volume rocker while you are gazing slackjord at the moon.

Reactions: edubfromktown

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My 4-year-old is still gone be a blurry mess with the S24. (according to what I've read from people who've got hands-on time)
As I said from what I've seen the camera is much improve... but honestly, I don't trust reviewers much, and think anyone who really values the camera as the most important feature should definitely wait and see what photos taken by real people in the real world look like before ditching their Pixels.

Reactions: gendo667

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
As I said from what I've seen the camera is much improve... but honestly, I don't trust reviewers much, and think anyone who really values the camera as the most important feature should definitely wait and see what photos taken by real people in the real world look like before ditching their Pixels.
I'm just curious at this point what is going to look like if/when a Samsung device can capture moving pets/kids on the same level as a Pixel. A very small portion of the Internet will flip out. If a Samsung phone can do that, people will let us know.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious at this point what is going to look like if/when a Samsung device can capture moving pets/kids on the same level as a Pixel. A very small portion of the Internet will flip out. If a Samsung phone can do that, people will let us know.
They do seem to be slowly realising that the answer lies somewhere outside of just throwing more and more Megapixels at the problem, so who knows?

Reactions: gendo667

Miguel Silva1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope the partnership includes camera processing from Google because I went from a Pixel 2 to a Galaxy S23 ultra and in most cases I prefer the pictures from pixel 2 camera. And all gcam mods can't take advantage of the 50 or 200MP sensor in S23 so I'm a bit disappointed with image processing on S23 compared to a pixel from 6 years ago...

DRaff09

Jan 20, 2024
Visit site
After years of owning Motorola phones and several Pixels I tried an S22+. This will be the last Samsung phone I even purchase, not only do I hate all the bloatwear it comes with, but the fact that they continue to add more at every update. I refuse to be roped into Samsung store/music/pay/whatever else when I have already established myself on those Google services that I can easily use on any android device. Bixby? Don't get me started on that useless thing.

Reactions: Josh Lubin

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, but then it would run that gross feature poor Google software.
The hate is strong with this one.
d25955bb6685e4c273eb3bde50774f2b.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter