News Samsung made a Pixel so you don't have to buy one

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just in time! I mean, it's only around 4 months late.
(Oh i forgot... the slo mo's still think phones only come carrier locked.)

DrRrRrRr, I jUsT dOnT kNoW WhY ThEsE pIxEl ThiNgiEs ExIsT?

samsung AI features powered by Google are already on Pixel but vids surfacing showing Google's phone runs Google's tech much better
(not to mention to be
paywalled on samsung)

some ai may never get used bcs the features aren't that useful and/or are hidden layers deep within the settings submenus and hidden buttons

OS update timeliness still mediocre

software, especially settings, is a confusing mess + bloat & ads

bixby still horrible, gets no Ai, still can't compete with Google Assistant and how it and other
Google apps/ai/services are integrated into Pixel...Google's take on Android.
https://www.techradar.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-phones/samsung-galaxy-s24-ultra-review

(and so far that's 2 tries and youre still avoiding an explanation)
Sorry, what was the question? You'll have to forgive me, I'm the kind of person who thinks I can only buy phones from my carrier. You know, despite the fact I only buy from Google or Samsung directly and don't even have a contract for service.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If a Samsung phone has bloat, it's the Google apps Google forces on OEMs. A Samsung phone should have Samsung apps which work seamlessly across that OEMs ecosystem (and they do). Want to hobble an S pen? Use Gboard instead of Samsung Keyboard. Want to see ads in your email? Use Gmail instead of Samsung Email. Want to lose customization on your home screen? Use Google Launcher. Want to lose features in your notes-taking app? You get the picture....
The strike against Samsung is that they don't make several of Google's apps (the real bloatware) uninstallable.

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
If a Samsung phone has bloat, it's the Google apps Google forces on OEMs. A Samsung phone should have Samsung apps which work seamlessly across that OEMs ecosystem (and they do). Want to hobble an S pen? Use Gboard instead of Samsung Keyboard. Want to see ads in your email? Use Gmail instead of Samsung Email. Want to lose customization on your home screen? Use Google Launcher. Want to lose features in your notes-taking app? You get the picture....
The strike against Samsung is that they don't make several of Google's apps (the real bloatware) uninstallable.
The carriers are colluding with Google, Facebook and other mobile app data "harvesters" along with the mobile manufacturers to rope-dope customers into multi-year contract commitments with (not so) "free" mobile phones chained to high cost "required" plans.

I'm not in favor of duplicate apps and only use a very few Samsung-specific ones:

Adobe Lightroom integration
Expert RAW camera
Gallery (only for quick edits on photos)
Good Lock
Secure Folder

All of the rest of the Samsung apps (and ~70 bloatware remnants) are disabled or removed via adb script.

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
Google still pisses me off with their horrid QA/QC and release management processes.

Below is fresh/raw/new Play Store update bug causing internal storage inaccessibility on Pixel 6, 7 and 8 devices.

Apple and Samsung just don't screw up so bad time after time (Google has also hosed ChromeOS updates badly a handful of times over the past ~3 years).