Samsung Note 3: "Prevention Information" Message

me1rkac1

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 3 "Prevention Information" Message

Hey all. Try going into developer options and click "Revoke USB debugging authorizations" Also after that just check Security and make sure Security update service has nothing checked off.

ioannisgk

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Just wait for the MJ7 update. Its as simple as that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Laurent Morel

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I posted some comments earlier in that thread about Facebook being the issue. I removed, reinstalled, cleared the KNOX Notification cache, etc many times. Then with Facebook on after a few days it seemed to have not come back. Right now the notification popped up because Facebook notified me that I can sync my friends. It's that default Facebook Log in to sync notification. I have all that stuff turned off manually so I get this everytime I reboot my phone. And as soon as I got it, I got the dreaded prevention notification with it.

Miztic1

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Found this guys and so far it has been working for me, just do not restart.

Galaxy Note 3: Common Problems Users Have and How to Fix Them | Digital Trends

from the article:

Bug: “Prevention information” message
A number of people have encountered a pop-up message on the Note 3 with the header “Prevention information.” It goes on to say “An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device. It may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check now?” and there’s an option to “not show for 30 days.” You can cancel out or click OK, which takes you to your list of apps. Some people report getting this message without installing any apps from unknown sources and it seems to be some kind of bug or false positive rather than an actual issue with an unsafe app.

Workaround:
Long press on the message and select App info, which should take you to Knox Notification Manager. Try clearing the data and cache, then go to Settings > General > Security and make sure that Unknown sources is not ticked. If you reboot the phone the message might come back.
You could disable Knox or disable the notifications from Knox, but you’ll probably need to root your Note 3 and freeze a number of apps and services related to it for that to work, and it means you won’t potentially benefit from the security it’s supposed to provide.

Potential solution:
You should get an update to fix this OTA, but it depends on your carrier. You can always check by going to Settings > About phone > Software update.

marionewk

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Screenshot_2013-11-26-18-07-21.jpg
Just got this automatic software update from samsung. Clicked install and no more annoying message, thankfully.

fstarr

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Form date of purchase this problem cropped up. Research determined was a samsung knox problem so checked the 30 day box. All updates distributed by sprint applied. Factory bloat ware uninsulated or disabled.
11/30/13 thirty days latter returns. Try everything except factory reset. No use. Hail marry pass reinstalled turned on and updated everything. Rebooted hours ago, still all clear.

FrogginWld

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I have been getting the message 2. I also looked at other forums online. After reading how others are going through the same thing, they all have been eventually trying something & it seems to be working for them. So I just did it & will see kids it comes back. Kids u want to try, this is what I just did
Settings, genwral, security, device Administrator, CHECKED KNOX. ( lmodt same permission as lookout and android device) to ACTIVATE.
So, between now & tomorrow afternoon, I'll be looking to see if I get the notice again. I'll post again tomorrow eve with my results.
I have been getting the notice daily, sometimes 2 times in a day.
Good luck everyone. If this has work for you, please let us all know on here. If by chance you tried this, and it didn't work, but you did found a different solution that has proven to work, please let us know what you did.
Thank you
Lisa.

♥ LeLe

FrogginWld

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

My apologies for the typos just above in my comment. I did not notice that my autocorrect was changing some words when using swype. I did not mean to type the word "Kids".
I do hope that given the typos, that everyone is able to understand what I was trying to type

♥ LeLe

FrogginWld

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Ok scratch that... At least for me that did NOT work. Still got the notification. I even went so far as to also clear cache and data on all the programs with knox (4, I think it was) and even did that with the Samsung apps one. It still has just popped up on me.
Sorry, on the other forums for other services, they were saying that worked for them.

♥ LeLe

FrogginWld

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

After spending hours online I have written to the website samsung knox. I gave them a very very detailed message about what's going on and was waiting for a reply back from them when I decided to go back on Samsung support site to see what I can find out. Did that I would say the chat thing and let them know everything that everybody has been doing and what other people who have talked to Samsung Rep have had tried to have done. After all of this, I went round and round for 45 minutes with the Rep. And of course everything they had suggested has already been done. Finally they tell me that the cure update did not install properly and that it needed to be done with straight wifi when I told her that I had done that, they said that it must be done through their system at Best Buy with one of the best buy people. They told me it was free. And that it was the security policy update that had to be downloaded from their data system directly.
So, that is the next thing ill try. She said if it didn't work by some wierd chance, then a system reset was next. If still having the issue, phone has to be sent in to the company. So, I thought I'd share with you all

♥ LeLe

rwolfe72

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I've had Lookout since May and I never had this pop up until I upgraded to my Note 3 last month. I actually ran lookout to see if it would find the offending app, it didn't.

FrogginWld

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

The app is knox notification manager. Once the shields shows up in notification bar, pull bar down & hold down the notice, tap on app info & it takes u to the app itself causing the issue. Samsung told me the security update didn't download correct causing this issue. Need to have it properly downloade& installed at best buy. That is per the Samsung support rep

♥ LeLe

Juan Ramos1

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

I just figured this out on my Note II and on my friends Note III. On the Note II you go into security updates and there is a place that says install updates wifi only. You have to choose updates wifi and Mobile connection and on the Note III uncheck Wifi Only. This seems to have fixed this problem. It has been 10 mins and it hasn't reappeared any more. Sweet how you can figure stuff out on bed rest.:D Hope this helps.

jeffer029

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I have recently starting seeing this on my phone every hour or so, and always when I reboot.
View attachment 88562

If I click OK it goes to my list of applications
If I click cancel the message disappears for a while.
I haven't clicked the "do not show for 30 days" option, as I'm trying to figure out why it is appearing, but will do so if all else fails
No applications appear to be running at the time.

New Note 3 phone. Unrooted.
Any help will be appreciated. It's driving me mad.

jeffer029

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Getting the same "Prevention information" on my Note 3 but figured it out. Go to settings >General >Application Manager. Scroll down to "Samsung Apps", tap on it and TURN OFF. Done - no more Prevention Information notifications. I tried everyone else's recommendations to no avail. I'm not sure why but this really works.

Last edited:

jeffer029

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Getting the same "Prevention information" on my Note 3 but figured it out. Go to settings >General >Application Manager. Scroll down to "Samsung Apps", tap on it and TURN OFF. Done - no more Prevention Information notifications. I tried everyone else's recommendations to no avail. I'm not sure why but this really works.

Jay Sal

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I tried advice that I read about half way down on one of the posts. I am using a Note 3 on T mobiles Network. I never started knox, never installed anything or updated it, but from the very first time I connected to my wifi I got the notification from Knox. What has seemed to work for me, well at least for the past 15 hours or so is I went Into applications manager, cleared out the Samsung apps cache and uninstalled their update. I then Turned off the app. After that I went back into Knox threw the app manager and did the same to it. You also have to stop auto update or the app will just get re updated and the problem will start again.

Jay Sal

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Ps to stop apps from auto updating, open the app store,click the settings button, uncheck auto update apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech