Samsung Pay Hands On (beta tester)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
He spent too much time repeating the stuff about the virtual card :p He also needs some decongestant :p. I hope the Loyalty card thing is just not part of the Beta but will make it on the Go-Live version

amerinamese

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So, did he ever use it to make a purchase?. I don't think he ever said anything about that. Mostly how you input your card data. I want to know if he was able to make a purchase and if there were any difficulties with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, did he ever use it to make a purchase?. I don't think he ever said anything about that. Mostly how you input your card data. I want to know if he was able to make a purchase and if there were any difficulties with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This!

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
They said they will store credit cards, which would be heart great. Right now I have a Kay Jewelers credit card.

SGS6
Yup. The beta would only accept one card I had, tied to a specific bank. All the other ones, it wouldn't take it. I tried to use it today, but the restaurant told me they were not equipped to take any electronic phone transactions, so I could not try it out there. Maybe tomorrow

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup. The beta would only accept one card I had, tied to a specific bank. All the other ones, it wouldn't take it. I tried to use it today, but the restaurant told me they were not equipped to take any electronic phone transactions, so I could not try it out there. Maybe tomorrow

That's the point of Samsung Pay, that the establishment doesn't need any special equipment! But if they don't have a portable terminal you'd have to go with them to their payment terminal. That's probably what they meant.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Samsung Pay Beta invite. Adding a card is very simple. Just point the camera to the card and it automatically picks up the name and CC number. I'm going to try it out tomorrow at the store. Can't wait!

YoSaintLaurent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask what level is your Samsung service benefits are at? Mine is at Gold so I wanted to see if that has any affect on getting an invite to the SamsungPay beta.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask what level is your Samsung service benefits are at? Mine is at Gold so I wanted to see if that has any affect on getting an invite to the SamsungPay beta.

I have no idea what level my Samsung service benefits are at. Which probably means I'm not at gold, assuming you don't get that for free somehow.

CLC81

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like they were too lazy to even try it. Not knowing that Samsung Pay would likely work.

Posted via the Android Central App

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it out for the first time but unfortunately they had NFC. But that worked!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I Just tried it at a non-NFC terminal and it worked. The Starbucks associate was kind of blown away.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I Just tried it at a non-NFC terminal and it worked. The Starbucks associate was kind of blown away.

That's what I want to see haha people's faces when you swipe your phone at their non-NFC terminals and BAM! it works. Especially with those mobile payment terminals hehe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord