Samsung Pay

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I still prefer Google Pay over Samsung Pay; maybe I need to use it more. Just the first times I used it on my previous Note 8; it felt clunky whereas Google Pay felt slick and simple to use!

Probably user error haha
Samsung Pay works in many, many places.
On point of sale machines you have to place your Samsung phone or Gear S3 watch in the right place, their sweet spot per se.
If you aren't used to that machine, sometimes it takes an extra try or 2 to get it right.
But once you know, you'll get it right on the first try thereafter.

Sent From the TARDIS with my Note 9

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Samsung pay is 10X better in real world use. I use it for MST but not NFC. Now when it comes to app use(if supported) Google pay does seem to be more supported with a nicer interface.

Might be for you over the Pond; we're still a bit behind here and NFC seems to be more stable

However, I've set up my Note 9 to use Samsung Pay, so will see how it goes :)

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Is Samsung Pay generally better regarded than Android Pay? I understand the magnetic strip emulation vs NFC differences, and the fact you can use it more places right now. I also like how integrated it is with the phone.

I tried to use mobile payments regularly when I got my last phone (S7E) but it got too laggy and cumbersome to bother with. I'm hoping as beefy as this phone is it will stay silky smooth for a long time.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a few points I'm saving lol love Samsung pay! Don't even remember the last time I used a card.

Attachments

• 414.jpg
    414.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 43

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have about 7200 pts. Always in the past I'd just cash in for the Visa Reward card. I went to do that yesterday - doesn't seem to be an option now :( I didn't want discounts or gift cards - just the Samsung Visa reward to use as I pleased.
I have a few points I'm saving lol love Samsung pay! Don't even remember the last time I used a card.

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Pay is working flawlessly. However, I have about 7500 pts and I always just cashed it in for the $20 Visa reward card. That's not showing as an option grrr.

I confirmed with the SamsungPay twitter account that the Visa Rewards cards are non longer an option. That was the whole reason I started using the app in the first place.:(

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I confirmed with the SamsungPay twitter account that the Visa Rewards cards are non longer an option. That was the whole reason I started using the app in the first place.:(
Well darn it that's not good. I do still get a kick out of using it though if I see a terminal I can reach on my own I know it'll go through I don't have Apple pay Android pay is taken etcetera I should probably do something with the points though but I don't want to have to pay money to use them LOL

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow....not enough places to use Samsung Pay for me. I use it at Whole Foods And Trader Joe’s. I must be doing something wrong...I have 850 points lol. How do you get more points?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If you see a terminal you slide a card on it should work. I've used it at Walmart Sam's club subway local grocery stores, gas stations inside, Starbucks,
Wow....not enough places to use Samsung Pay for me. I use it at Whole Foods And Trader Joe’s. I must be doing something wrong...I have 850 points lol. How do you get more points?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, Home Depot has been giving me fits the last few times trying to use it. Every time it says attendant notified, wait a little and then try it again. After 3 times, I give up. So frustrating. The cashier looks at you like you're the problem.
The golf course I use for the driving range even has a Samsung / Android / Apple pay terminal. That's the only place I've seen this. The receipt comes right out of the side of it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just used it at Walmart and got cash back that was great I've been able to do before and it worked like a charm with this phone as well.

I still need to try Home Depot out for that other post on here where they were having issues

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I surprised the staff at Great Clips this morning by using Samsung Pay in MST mode. They don’t accept NFC-based payments there.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I surprised the staff at Great Clips this morning by using Samsung Pay in MST mode. They don’t accept NFC-based payments there.
I go to Great Clips when I get a haircut and I always use my phone there they always seem surprised as well LOL

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Worked like a charm on the first try I ran my Samsung pay through as credit
dfabf8b024f814aa13b3d5b7f18d59a6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod