Samsung S-View Flip Cover is horrible.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased mine from a kiosk in California.
Are the edges supposed to look like this after only a few days of use?

Attachments

• FlipCover.jpg
    FlipCover.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 40

dkettel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I think what you are seeing is lint from your pants or a shirt pocket sticking to the edges of where it was glued together. Perhaps a cleaning of it with some goo-gone or soap and water will get rid of the sticky.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I think what you are seeing is lint from your pants or a shirt pocket sticking to the edges of where it was glued together. Perhaps a cleaning of it with some goo-gone or soap and water will get rid of the sticky.

No, it's not lint. It's actually the white fibers from the case. Some that were very long, I cut off with scissors.
I didn't get it it from the Samsung website. I got it at a kiosk in the mall.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not lint. It's actually the white fibers from the case. Some that were very long, I cut off with scissors.
I didn't get it it from the Samsung website. I got it at a kiosk in the mall.

I think you got a knock off or fake. There are no white fibers at all on my cover.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Seems as though they sold me a knock off

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How much did you pay for it, and what did the packaging look like? Those would be two dead giveaways....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
For those with the magnetic clips. Have you had an issue where it causes your phone to reboot? I bought a s view case and put the clips on. About 30 mins later my phone just did a reboot, I didn't honk anything of it. About an hour later it did it again. I took the clips off and haven't had a problem. Really weird and I liked the clips because it kept the case shut. Any thoughts?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How much did you pay for it, and what did the packaging look like? Those would be two dead giveaways....

They wanted about $40 for it. I said never mind, because I could get it for half that if I got it from Samsung using my coupon code. They then let me get it for close to that price. Now I wish I would have gotten it through Samsung. Here's a pic of the packaging.

ba3a5ygy.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
They wanted about $40 for it. I said never mind, because I could get it for half that if I got it from Samsung using my coupon code. They then let me get it for close to that price. Now I wish I would have gotten it through Samsung. Here's a pic of the packaging.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/ba3a5ygy.jpg

I don't recall what my packaging looked like but that seems legit. Have you tried taking it back to the kiosk?

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/ba3a5ygy.jpg

Looks like a knock off to me, someone correct me if I'm wrong here. My packaging doesn't look like this. There's no Chinese characters on mine either. Plus, Samsung is from Korea, not China. Who was the seller, where did your case come from? Hong Kong?

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

That's not what the packaging on mine looked like. I don't know if the packaging differs for different countries. But based on what you said about the case I can't imagine it's genuine.

Edit: Here, take a look at the second picture in the first post of this thread. The case (and packaging) on the left is genuine, the right side is fake: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2483779

Last edited:

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased mine from a kiosk in California.
Are the edges supposed to look like this after only a few days of use?

It looks fake, sorry to say. Not only the stitching but the cut of the S-view window is uneven and looks Jagged. The official case is better made.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't recall what my packaging looked like but that seems legit. Have you tried taking it back to the kiosk?

I purchased it while visiting in California.
Therefore there's no option of being able to take it back.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's not what the packaging on mine looked like. I don't know if the packaging differs for different countries. But based on what you said about the case I can't imagine it's genuine.

Edit: Here, take a look at the second picture in the first post of this thread. The case (and packaging) on the left is genuine, the right side is fake: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2483779

Perhaps mine is a better made knock off. It has NFC like the original, and the functions on the front S View window in the front actually works.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps mine is a better made knock off. It has NFC like the original, and the functions on the front S View window in the front actually works.

None of the cases have NFC.

There are a variety of fake covers, some have the s-view functionality and some don't. The point of looking at the pictures was to show you what the real and fake packaging looked like. You have a fake one. If you had a fake cover that you were happy with then it would not be a big deal, except that they still would have deceived you and used Samsung's trademark illegally. But you got a poorly made cover that you are not happy with, so the fact that it is fake is important.

piggyonline

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
For the record... and for admins to maybe lock after this.

Samsung note 3 s view cover

Have message and call notifications
Can read messages
Can answer calls.

To everyone eho said it couldnt read and display the full contents of the message and sender in an inbox manner... the genuine one can. I know.. because i distribute them and they work just fine.

But it just needs a few tweeks. And yes... at forst it didnt work after i reformatted my phone. But now... it does... and perfectly too. No bugs.

Posted via Android Central App

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
For the record... and for admins to maybe lock after this.

Samsung note 3 s view cover

Have message and call notifications
Can read messages
Can answer calls.

To everyone eho said it couldnt read and display the full contents of the message and sender in an inbox manner... the genuine one can. I know.. because i distribute them and they work just fine.

But it just needs a few tweeks. And yes... at forst it didnt work after i reformatted my phone. But now... it does... and perfectly too. No bugs.

Posted via Android Central App

When you say tweaks, what do you mean? Mine doesn't read the full messages and I'm pretty sure mines genuine but I could be wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci