Samsung S20+ Screen goes dark while using Speakerphone Help

Paul Gray2

Jun 5, 2020
Visit site
This driving me crazy I have checked every setting I can think of that would interfere with keeping the screen on while using the speakerphone option. It is as if the screen first dims which is normal but then it turns itself off and I must wake the phone up each time by repeatable touching the screen or side volume buttons. So far, I've tired changing the Always On Feature, Lock screen timer, AutoLock and a few other settings and nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Samsung Tech support is clueless to getting this resolved in fact I'm starting to suspect that they are intentionally ignoring this ongoing issue all together on their company support forum.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think that with speakerphone on, the phone will use your screen timeout setting. Are you saying that if you set your screen timeout to something long (like 30 minutes), it still goes dark after just a minute or so?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome !
I agree look at screen time out setting not lock screen , if you tap the display or press power button screen wakes up ?

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
This driving me crazy I have checked every setting I can think of that would interfere with keeping the screen on while using the speakerphone option. It is as if the screen first dims which is normal but then it turns itself off and I must wake the phone up each time by repeatable touching the screen or side volume buttons. So far, I've tired changing the Always On Feature, Lock screen timer, AutoLock and a few other settings and nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Samsung Tech support is clueless to getting this resolved in fact I'm starting to suspect that they are intentionally ignoring this ongoing issue all together on their company support forum.

Def adjiust your screen time out setting. Mine usuy shuts off after 30 seconds no matter what the screen time out is set to. Then sometimes it will dim and stay on. not sure if its a bug or something or if it can be fixed.