Samsung S23 and email

Northerner

Mar 29, 2024
Visit site
Are you setting up IMAP manually? You may be missing something that needs to be set first.

Try just letting it set up automatically by inputting the email and then the password. Don't tap on "setup account manually". Wait until it asks if you want to set up as IMAP or POP3. Then you can do the password. Don't tap the "advanced settings" switch. The check mark should light up as soon as you start inputting the password. Then tap it when done.

Sorry, but I did edit this right after my initial post.

YES! That worked. I have always set up manually. I will now compare Outlook and Aqua Mail. Thank you so much for your help!

Northerner

Mar 29, 2024
Visit site
I think you meant to thank @joeldf. He had the useful suggestion. I'm glad you were able to get Outlook setup so you can finally compare it to Aqua Mail.
😄

You're right. Thanks. I had 3 BlackBerry phones that never gave me email grief. Went to an iPhone and will never buy another Apple product. I see my new phone is an S24, not 23. Way better than a BlackBerry or iPhone in many ways

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You're right. Thanks. I had 3 BlackBerry phones that never gave me email grief. Went to an iPhone and will never buy another Apple product. I see my new phone is an S24, not 23. Way better than a BlackBerry or iPhone in many ways
I came from Blackberry to Android OS via a Samsung device. I really enjoyed my Blackberrys, but I have been very happy with my Android experiences. Samsung devices are know for their quality hardware & durability. In my case, that is a big benefit.
😉😄

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I came from Blackberry to Android OS via a Samsung device. I really enjoyed my Blackberrys, but I have been very happy with my Android experiences. Samsung devices are know for their quality hardware & durability. In my case, that is a big benefit.
I started my smartphone journey with a BlackBerry Pearl 8100, then a Torch 9800, then the Z10. After 4 whole years on the Z10, I finally switched over to the Galaxy S8 in 2017.

But I didn't leave BlackBerry completely. Right after getting the S8, the Cobalt BlackBerry Manager for Android brought over BlackBerry's Android apps made for the Priv before they were made available for sale to other Android phones. So, I had the Hub+ Suite and the BlackBerry Keyboard app on that S8. Later, as the apps were released to other Android phones through the Play Store, I did keep using the Cobalt method for a while until I decided to actually subscribe to the Hub apps. The keyboard was never officially released for other devices though, so I had to keep that myself.

I'm still using the BB keyboard app on my S24+ now. However, while I had been using the Hub+ Inbox, it seems that my Outlook account is not liking it anymore. My work MS Office account still has no problems with it, but my personal Outlook account kept losing the connection. The Inbox constantly telling me the password was wrong. Except, every so often, it would connect and I get all emails coming in. But then lose it again for a week at a time.

Both accounts use exchange services, so why it had no issues with the work account which has stricter security, but didn't like the home account was confusing me.

I ended up having to stop using the Hub Inbox and switched to Outlook for Android a couple of weeks ago. Both accounts work fine with it, but there are a few things about the Outlook app I don't like.

I haven't cancelled the Hub+ subscription yet. I'll wait a couple of months to see if BlackBerry ever does decide to update it (highly unlikely). But if not, I'm out.

Northerner

Mar 29, 2024
Visit site
YES! That worked. I have always set up manually. I will now compare Outlook and Aqua Mail. Thank you so much for your help!

Just a follow up but I did not care for Outlook...for now at least. I did not like the inbox going to "focussed" and another. Aqua mail was so fast its incredible...even the free one. So I will try that awhile. thanks again!

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am going to start off by saying I have NOT read this entire thread, but I know the frustrations that you are going through.

Here is what I ended up with to keep from going nuts:

• Work Emails: Outlook
    • As we are an O365 shop, this was the solution there and works great, no delays.
    • When I had this for my personal outlook.com account, never had an issue.
    • When I switched to a 3rd party client, many issues
  • GMAIL
    • I ONLY use this account for my Android devices and the Play Store
    • I do not get many emails here, but when I do it works.
  • Protonmail
    • This is my primary email account and the client works great without issue
  • Custom IMAP account (personal domain)
    • I use the Nine - Email & Calendar and I have found that overall, regardless of the email provider, this has always been a good solution for me
    • At one point, I used it for multiple accounts (Outlook and GMail), but I backed off since I had a hard time keeping things organized the way I like

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Just a follow up but I did not care for Outlook...for now at least. I did not like the inbox going to "focussed" and another. Aqua mail was so fast its incredible...even the free one. So I will try that awhile. thanks again!
I'm glad you found what you were looking for with Aqua Mail. 👍

Just for future reference, there is a setting in Outlook Mail to toggle off 'focused inbox'. I didn't care for that feature either, so I switched it off.
😄

Screenshot_20240422_141151_Outlook.jpg

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I use Outlook lite for my work e-mails, I find it better than the full Outlook app.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you found what you were looking for with Aqua Mail.

Just for future reference, there is a setting in Outlook Mail to toggle off 'focused inbox'. I didn't care for that feature either, so I switched it off.

View attachment 361943
That and conversation view. Turned both of those off.

Also use Aqua Mail (the old pro version upgraded) and Outlook to separate work and personal e-mail.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I started my smartphone journey with a BlackBerry Pearl 8100, then a Torch 9800, then the Z10. After 4 whole years on the Z10, I finally switched over to the Galaxy S8 in 2017.

But I didn't leave BlackBerry completely. Right after getting the S8, the Cobalt BlackBerry Manager for Android brought over BlackBerry's Android apps made for the Priv before they were made available for sale to other Android phones. So, I had the Hub+ Suite and the BlackBerry Keyboard app on that S8. Later, as the apps were released to other Android phones through the Play Store, I did keep using the Cobalt method for a while until I decided to actually subscribe to the Hub apps. The keyboard was never officially released for other devices though, so I had to keep that myself.

I'm still using the BB keyboard app on my S24+ now. However, while I had been using the Hub+ Inbox, it seems that my Outlook account is not liking it anymore. My work MS Office account still has no problems with it, but my personal Outlook account kept losing the connection. The Inbox constantly telling me the password was wrong. Except, every so often, it would connect and I get all emails coming in. But then lose it again for a week at a time.

Both accounts use exchange services, so why it had no issues with the work account which has stricter security, but didn't like the home account was confusing me.

I ended up having to stop using the Hub Inbox and switched to Outlook for Android a couple of weeks ago. Both accounts work fine with it, but there are a few things about the Outlook app I don't like.

I haven't cancelled the Hub+ subscription yet. I'll wait a couple of months to see if BlackBerry ever does decide to update it (highly unlikely). But if not, I'm out.
Sometimes I wish I had joined the blackberry craze back then but I was on iPhones and Samsung, Google devices

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Sometimes I wish I had joined the blackberry craze back then but I was on iPhones and Samsung, Google devices
I don't know if craze is a good way to describe it. I guess maybe yes, from the perspective of those that wanted/used a Blackberry really only because of any trendy or fad or personal use reasons. For lots of others however, I don't think there was really too much of a choice back then, in terms of what companies would allow to be used with their enterprise email systems.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I never used hub. I had Blackberry when it was still BBOS but never had a BB10 or BB Android. When the BB Android devices came out, I was using Moto.

I think even on BBOS there was combined email inbox/sentbox (I think, having a hard time remembering). There definitely was combined email inbox/sentbox on Playbook. For BlackBerry, the term Hub I don't think came out until BB10.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if craze is a good way to describe it. I guess maybe yes, from the perspective of those that wanted/used a Blackberry really only because of any trendy or fad or personal use reasons. For lots of others however, I don't think there was really too much of a choice back then, in terms of what companies would allow to be used with their enterprise email systems.

Probably more of a cult.

Some people to this day can't seem to let go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard