Samsung s3 multi windows tab grey out and refuses to enable

wise14life

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
hello all, after loading 4.2.2 my multi windows worked for like 1 week but recently my multi window tab is greyed out and refuses to be enabled.... kindly assist resolve

wise14life

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
hello Ichi_Bear...... Screenshot_2013-09-25-09-11-17.png see screen grab of my phones about (HOT MOBILE) , i think all the info you need to assist me is in there.....

thanks

Last edited:

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't look like an official update. Did you flash the leaked ROM? I haven't flashed this new ROM for just this reason. Still a bit glitchy. I'm gonna wait for the official release before I update. If you don't mind these little glitches, then I say carry on regardless. If not, do a full factory reset and do a fresh update.

Sent using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Tapatalk 4

I'm usually on Twitter @Ichi_Bear ;-)

wise14life

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
yes I did flash the rom.... I have just followed ur instruction of doing a hard reset, all though I back up all download app and data using titanium backup pro...... before the factory reset and every thing is okay now...... many thanks

Sebastian Benitez

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problems for a month and i just solved it.

Works with s3 and s4

Settings>>>my device>>>home and screen>>>select normal mode not easy mode restart and your multi windows will work

JugsB

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks a lot for your tip. I too was struggling to bring back Multi Window on S3, which had vanished after upgrade to 4.3. It already had Standard Mode Enabled. I just enabled Easy Mode, then again Standard Mode and restarted the device. I was able to use Multi Window thereafter.

Thanks a lot..