Samsung S6 backup vs iPhone backup

srk1407

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

I need to backup and restore my S6, the same way as Iphone works. I used to be a iphone user, but have just become an Samsung S6 user.

However, I used to be able to restore on iphone and it would look like the phone used to be. Samsung does not work that way. It does not copy my app folders.

Is there any software out there that will do the same as iphone.

I have had problems with the handset and told to restore a couple of times and it takes me hours to put the apps back into their folders.

Please help me........its driving me nuts!!

Thanks

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
iCloud backup\restore puts your phone back to exactly the way it was - no need to reinstall apps, arrange screens or log back into any apps. I am not aware that Smart switch is that complete.

One of the few things that I like about iPhone\iOS over Android.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

I need to backup and restore my S6, the same way as Iphone works. I used to be a iphone user, but have just become an Samsung S6 user.

However, I used to be able to restore on iphone and it would look like the phone used to be. Samsung does not work that way. It does not copy my app folders.

Is there any software out there that will do the same as iphone.

I have had problems with the handset and told to restore a couple of times and it takes me hours to put the apps back into their folders.

Please help me........its driving me nuts!!

Thanks
There is no way on android. Officially anyway. Google has to realise they are loosing users dues to this lapse.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

srk1407

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Im amazed that there is nothing out there like Apple backup and restore. Is there not a 3rd party, paid for software package that does the trick. Surely, someone must have jumped on the bandwagon and created a paid version?!

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Helium backup. It is much more tedious than a backup through iTunes but Helium can backup app data, which is essential for me.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Helium backup has worked for me. It takes more time and effort but does the job. It doesn't arrange folders and stuff like that, that I know of.

Posted via Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Comparing Apple to Android is truly... well comparing apples to oranges.

iOS is close sourced and only available on a single phone.

Android is open source and available on a very WIDE range of devices all with different UI's. You can't expect things to be compatible across so many different devices and UI's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord